One

Disclaimer. This fanfic is different to any I've done before, and I in no way, condone any of the activities that take place in this fanfic, in real life. Its just for the story.

I don't want give too much away, but I hope you enjoy this one as I'm really excited about it.

Joe's POV

I run around my Penthouse frantically, getting everything set up. It's my 27th birthday today, and my friends from Wiltshire were coming over.

I moved to London when I was twenty when I set up my first Youtube channel ThatcherJoe, and I've been here ever since.

My best friend of twenty seven years, Dianne, also moved to London too for her dancing career.

Dot and I have been best friends since birth and we've been inseparable ever since. We've seen everything together. We've gone Primary and Secondary School together. Dianne went to a private college for dancing. Whilst I did an Apprenticeship in Roof Thatching before setting my Youtube channel up. It was all thanks to my sister, Zoe, or Zoella she is known as on her channel. I'd appeared on her channel once and everyone wanted me to start my own, so I did.

And now seven years later, it's blown up. I've got three channels. My main channel ThatcherJoe ThatcherJoeVlogs and ThatcherJoeGames.

Anyway, back to Di and I. We've witnessed every heartbreak, every new love and more heartbreak. We've seen each other at our best and worst. 

I'd been single for twenty five years until I met Alice.

We met a Vidcon two years ago, and hit it off straight away. After six months, she moved in with me, and we've been inseparable ever since. 

Well, until recently. Alice wants to take that next step. She wants to settle down. The whole marriage and babies thing. Which right now, I'm not ready for. Yes, I may be twenty seven now, but I'm not ready to settle down just yet. I'm just enjoying my life with her at the moment, maybe in a few years I'll think about settling down. But for now, I don't want things to change.

Hearing the buzzer go, I see Dianne and her fiancé, Dom, stood outside. I buzz them up. Di and Dom have been together two years as well. They met when Dianne joined Strictly Come Dancing in 2016, and have been together since.

 I like Dom, he's a nice guy and we get on well. Plus I've never seen her happier, so that's a plus.

''Hey Di, hey Dom.'' I smile welcoming them in.

''Hey. Happy birthday, Suggy.'' Di smiles, hugging me.

''Yeah, happy birthday, bro.''

''Cheers guys. Come on through. You're the first ones here.'' I chuckle.

''Oh, we're early for once.'' Di giggles.

''Yeah you are. Drink?'' I ask, leading them into the kitchen.

''Please.'' 

''Glass of Jammy red, and a Corona?'' I ask.

''Of course,'' She giggles, as I grab them their drinks. ''Where's Alice?''

''I have no idea actually. I think she's still getting ready.'' I roll my eyes. That girl takes hours to get ready.

''I'm here. Sorry I took longer than expected.'' Alice giggles.

I chuckle, rolling my eyes playfully. She did look amazing though.

 She did look amazing though

''Hey Di, hey Dom.'' Alice smiles, as she hugs them both. Alice and Di get on really, really well. They're best friends, which is nice.

''Hey Alice, you look gorgeous.'' 

''Thanks, Di. So do you.'' She smiles.

. . .

The party was in full swing. I feel an arm pull me to one side. I see Zoe stood in front of my kitchen. ''So?'' She speaks.

''So, what, Zoe?'' I ask.

''When are you giving me a niece of nephew?'' I sigh, not her too.

''Zoe, I've told you. I'm not ready for that yet.''

Furrowing her eyebrow, she speaks. ''Will you ever be ready?''

''Yes, Zoe. One day I will be. But right now, I'm not.'' I admit.

''Joe, you're 27 now, surely you're ready for that next step?'' 

''No Zoe. Can you stop it?'' I was getting annoyed. I had a nephew, called Ben, who is 2. I'm happy with being an Uncle right now.

''Alright, sorry. Just know Alice's biological clock is ticking. She's ready, Joe.''

''So she keeps saying.'' Or nagging more like.

''Just,'' She pauses. ''Bare that in mind.'' Before walking off.

''Fuck sake.''

''You OK?'' I jump seeing Di stood behind me. She places a hand on my shoulder.

''Yeah, I'm fine. Just Zoe nagging me again about Alice and the baby situation.''

''Ah. Listen. Zoe just wants to see you happy, Joe. She doesn't mean to nag.''

''I know, but I am happy, Di. Why do things have to change? I want them to stay the same, well, for now anyway.''

''Look, I know you love Alice. And I know one day you'll be ready. Don't let anyone push you, Sugg.''  She smiles.

I ruffle her red hair, ''Thanks, DBuzz. How are you and Dom doing?'' I ask.

She bites her lip, before hesitating and speaking. ''Yeah, we're good.''

I furrow my eyebrows at her. I wasn't convinced, but I let it slide.

But something in my gut was telling me, that I need to save Dianne.

But why?!

A.N. Thoughts on my new one?! :)