You really hadn't done anything wrong.

But still..

Was he really as mad as he looked?

Was all of that anger actually directed at me?

Curse his damn mask and not ever being able to see through to his emotions.

You managed to get ready for work in a rush, your body working on auto-pilot as your troubled mind was seemingly elsewhere, choosing not to spare any extra energy in trying to pass off as barely alive this morning. 

You let out a final groan of frustration as you tied your sneakers up, hastily slamming your apartment door shut behind you. 

Walking into work a little earlier than usual, you came with low expectations.

So accustomed to the routine of seeing him each morning at 7:42 am, you felt terrified about what you might encounter this time.  

The cafe was already filled with BTS blaring so loudly, you could almost feel it bouncing off the walls. 

It was a small touch that almost curled the corners of your lips into a smile, had they not already been so heavily weighed down by your pathetic state. 

Damn...

Even the power of Bangtan can't fully lift my mood today.

You took in a deep sigh before walking through the rest of the cafe, until you were forced to a stop, pinned in place and unable to move. 

Hana had practically rocket-launched herself directly at you as means of a good morning hug, immediately knocking you back to reality. 

"Unnie!"

You let out a muffled whimper as you tried to breathe, her near choke-hold blocking most of your airways. 

For such a small girl, how is she so strong??

She finally let go of you after your desperate attempt at tapping out, never before thinking how amazing it felt to breathe as you let all of the oxygen flow back into your lungs. 

"G-good morning Hana," you choked back in response as you tried to regain your balance.

"Hey B*tch!" you heard Ji-eun yell out to you from the opposite side of the cafe, her voice so loud it practically pierced in your ears. 

You braced for impact as she stormed out from behind the kitchen counter and headed your way. 

"Guess I'm just another f*ckboy and it doesn't bother you to ignore my messages all night!" She huffed as she stopped right before you. 

"Sorry girl," you dragged out your apology, bowing your head down in guilt. "I had my phone switched off all night."

It must have taken Ji-eun 0.5 seconds to completely change her tone, reading the look on your face as if she knew exactly how you were feeling. 

"Is it that bad, huh?" she said in a worried tone, placing her hand around one of your shoulders. "Have you two talked since yesterday?"

A deep sigh left you as you shook your head no in response.

"I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is," Ji-eun tried whispering reassuringly. "These things never are."

"Thanks," you mumbled back, knowing you should trust her words but finding it near impossible to in this moment. 

Flinging your bag off your shoulders, you dragged your feet down to the back room to sign into the start of what felt like a heckin' awful shift.