Mangetsu doesn't have time for Shenanigans

Mangetsu tensed - the situation was getting dangerous. Without knowing exactly when the eclipse started, he had no idea how long he had before the Fire Lord would be legitimately dangerous to him. That, and leaving without being seen would be complicated.

"Your mother did vicious, treasonous things that night," the Fire Lord sounded like a right scumbag to Mangetsu. "She knew the consequences and accepted them. For her treason, she was banished."

"So she's alive," Zuko's voice sounded strained.

Mangetsu tensed. "Now or never, I need to get out of here."

"Perhaps," the Fire Lord sneered. "Now I realise that banishment is far too merciful a penalty for treason. Your penalty will be far steeper."

"RUN!"

Mangetsu didn't know or care who Amaya was yelling at; he took his chance.

He heard the crackle of lightning, and without looking back, he shot through the door.

He had barely turned a corner when he heard footsteps coming towards him. Turning sharply, he drew his sword - the clang of metal echoed through the hallway as he came face to face with the Prince.

Zuko's eyes grew wide as he looked at Mangetsu, Amaya floating just behind him.

"You..."

"Don't even think it, Prince," Mangetsu spat. "I get enough of that crap from Mogui; I don't need it from strangers next. You want to join the Avatar? You're getting me out of here, and you're keeping your damn mouth shut, understand?"

Zuko's mouth snapped shut, hurt flashed in his eyes before he relaxed and sheathed his swords. Mangetsu sheathed his katana slowly.

"Follow me," Zuko said firmly.