Unda tha sea

I pulled out a pair of strange-looking contraptions. 

"It's called a Snorkel and Mask," I said to Aang, handing him one set. "You wear it, and it allows you to breathe underwater."

"Will this help me to relax, Mogui?" Aang asked.

"It relaxes me every time I go out," I winked.

I put my own on and stepped into the water. The cool water washed over me as I lay down. Aang soon appeared at my side, and we swam around to the cliffs.

Hundreds of different fish drifted through my view. I couldn't recognize even half the fish I saw. Plants, weeds, corals, and reef life swayed with the waves as we swam over them. Crabs scuttled into the darkness of the crags in the reef. An octopus reached out, grabbing a crab and dragging it back to its hole.

I got Aang's attention and pointed down.

"Ern grnr drv drn," I shouted through my snorkel.

"Wrr oo sey, Moogooweee?" Aang looked confused.

I took a few deep breaths before bending at my waist. My head dropped, and I kicked my feet up. I slid below the waves as easily as a greased rag slides through a pipe. Little fish darted away as I approached the rocks. My hands found holds, and I pulled myself closer to the seafloor.

My breath bubbled up as I let it go and equalized my ears. Dangers may have lurked around me, but at that moment, I felt more peace than I had in a long time. Images and feelings flooded from my memories as I sat at the bottom of the bay.

Suddenly, there was a thrashing above me. I turned to see Aang splashing about on the surface. Any sign of sea life in the area disappeared into the crags and over ledges. I curled my feet under me and pushed back up to the surface. The collision between Aang and myself brought us both back to the surface, and I pulled the snorkel from his mouth.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You were underwater for so long," Aang said. "I was getting worried."

"I can hold my breath for five minutes above water," I sighed. "I can hold it for at least three underwater."

"But what if you got your hand stuck in the rock and Muteki and Toph aren't here to help you?"

"That's why I brought you," I sighed. "Part of diving is that you look out for each other."

I began my backstroke towards the shore.

"It's just like every other part of our lives," I said as I swam. "We need those around us for everything we do."

"But what if I'm not good enough?" Aang asked. "What if I'm not strong enough to beat him?"

"That's why you have us," I said. "There's no way you can beat the Firelord, just like I can't wrestle a Tigershark to the shore. But if you distract it, then I can tie a rope around its tail, and Muteki can pull it into the land."

"Isn't that dangerous?" Aang asked. "You'll get yourself eaten!"

"It's risky, yes. But we have more chance to succeed if we stick together."

"But my dreams..."

"Are just dreams. Have some camomile tea and chillax."