Forgiveness and Lust

"Justin, I think you should talk to her," I said while I was laying down on his bed.

It was a few days after Sydney had confessed her secret to the both of us and Justin was still mad at her. At the beginning, he was more angry about the situation, but as he got more time to think about it, he got more frustrated. He steered his focal frustration point from Sydney having sex with Skylar to Skylar returning in his life.

He wanted nothing to do with him but this situation could potentially bring him back. Quite honestly, I was frustrated as well. I studied Justin's reactions and it bothered me that he cared so much that Skylar was 'reentering' our lives. I understood that he was his ex and he didn't want anything to do with him, but why was he acting so nervous.

"Listen, I will. I just need more time to think about this," he replied.

"Why are you thinking about it so much?" I questioned. My worries were creeping up on me again.

Justin turned around from working on his calculus homework, "What do you mean?"

I shrugged, "I mean, yeah I get that he slept with Sydney and I get why you would be mad about it, but you're acting like you're getting back together with him or something ,"

He furrowed his eyebrows immediately, "What?" He shook his head like he was hearing me wrong, "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

I stood up from my laying position and faced him, "You're acting like Skylar sleeping with Sydney is somehow inviting Skylar into our lives and you're nervous," I let out.

Justin scoffed, "Alex, you've really gone out of your mind,"

I shook my head, "No Justin. That is exactly what's happening here!"

Justin then chuckled, "Do you not realize that Skylar fucking cheated on me? The same guy who gave me a ring on our first month anniversary and then left me for some girl!"

I flinched as his words went from fast paced talk to loud yelling. "Yes, I'm fucking nervous! He manipulated me into thinking that he was in love with me and I fell for it. Why would I not be nervous? He's a psychopath!"

He fell to the ground as he muffled out his words. His hands covered his eyes as he wiped away his tears.

"Oh my god. Justin I'm so sorry," I leaned forward and held him in my arms, "I'm so stupid. I should've known,"

Justin wiped away the last of his tears and finally looked up at me. "I know I shouldn't be crying over him anymore but he made me feel like shit and I don't want to feel that way anymore -

"Justin it's okay to let it out," I soothed as I moved my hand on his back, up and down softly.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before I spoke again, "Listen, I will handle this situation with Sydney and we can all just forget about it,"

Justin nodded, "thanks, I would like that."

Justin was in this monotone mood the whole day. He would act normal and then he would be silent for too long and daze off staring at the wall. I began thinking about ways I could solve this whole situation. I knew that the root of the problem came from the fact that maybe Justin and I were excluding Sydney from our hangouts and we weren't giving her that much attention, but the other problem came with Skylar and his ability to swivel his way into our lives.

Sydney came over a few hours later and hesitantly stood by my bedroom door before entering my room. Justin looked up at her and sighed, "Sydney, I'm not mad at you,"

She let out a sigh of relief and then went over to hug him tightly. "Listen, whatever happened with Skylar and I that night was a one time thing. It will never happen again, I promise,"