The plan

There they were.

He had his arm wrapped around Justin as he guided his arm to the direction of the bowling alley. Justin raised his arm and then let go off the bowling ball with a strong force. As all the bowling pins fell down, they shared a kiss and walked to their seats.

I don't know how Skylar can even stand Justin knowing what he did. Doesn't he feel guilty? Doesn't he love him? Why would he do something like this to someone like Justin?

Justin doesn't deserve this, but I couldn't tell him. Telling him would jeopardize our whole friendship and I didn't want to risk it.

"Come on Alex, it's your turn" Kian patted my back to wake me up from my thoughts.

The rest of the night consisted of Justin and Skylar boasting their love, while Kian and I sat in awkward silence. Which was mostly my fault as I couldn't take my mind off of what Skylar did. It didn't surprise me when Kian asked me, "Are you okay? You seem a bit out of it"

We were in his car in front of my house, "Yeah I'm fine. It's just school and stuff, you know?"

"Alright, tonight was fun. We should do it again sometime!" He smiled as he held my hand.

I left him with a kiss before I entered my house. I sighed as I fell on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I reconsidered my thoughts on this whole situation. I realized that if I told Justin about what Skylar did, he probably won't believe me since he was practically in a love trance. Also, once Skylar finds out that I told Justin about his little secret, then my secret would be out and Justin would never want to be friends with me.

It was all a big mess, that just couldn't be solved.

"Unless you have evidence?" My eyes darted to my mom leaning on the door.

"What? How did you hear all of that?" I asked shocked.

"You have a tendency of thinking out loud sometimes. It's how I knew you were gay, when I heard you talk about Zac Efron's abs" my mom shrugged, "Wait so Skylar cheated on Justin?"

"Yeah, but I don't know how to tell Justin... I don't know if I should even tell Justin. Its all very confusing" I sighed.

"This is one thing I always keep with me from being a history teacher for fifteen years. If you have evidence, then everybody will believe you" she explained.

"What kind of evidence do I need to have in order to prove Skylar is a cheater?" I asked.

"You can go through his phone and see if he's been texting other people or you could always take a picture of him cheating" she explained.

"That's a perfect idea! Thanks mom" I exclaimed as I hugged her tightly.

My mom always knew what to do.

With that, I went to sleep with a plan in mind of how to expose Skylar for who he is, a cheater.
—-
The next morning, I watched Skylar and Justin laugh along together for the last time. (If my plan worked) I waited until I had chemistry again, and made sure to ask if I go to the bathroom at the exact time I caught Skylar cheating.

I cornered the storage room but I didn't hear those noises. It was complete silence. I must've been too late or too early. As I made my way back to my chemistry class, I stopped and heard noises in one of the hallways. I peered over and sure thing, it was Skylar with another girl.

I thought Skylar was gay? Why the hell is he cheating on Justin with a girl? I began to realize. Maybe he was bi?

Anyways, I'm going off topic.

In the spur of the moment I pulled out my phone and recorded their conversation.

"I had fun with you the other day" the girl flirted as she rested her palm on Skylar's arm.

"Me too. We should do it again sometime" Skylar smiled back.

"I thought you were with Justin? Are you sure he won't be mad?" The girl questioned him.

Skylar laughed, "Nah I'm not with that faggot anymore"

"Oh, that's good. More time for me" she smiled as she leaned in for a small kiss.

With that, I ended the recording and headed back to class. I had to sit there for a moment because I couldn't believe I got actual evidence of Skylar cheating. I was one step closer to exposing Skylar.

Then I realized how this was going to affect Justin. He'll be devastated, knowing someone he loved so much cheated on him like nothing. Someone he lost his virginity to gave it away like it didn't mean anything.

But no. I had to do this. For Justin's sake and for mine.

That night after swimming practice, Justin, Sydney and I went to the ice cream shop.

"Hey do you want to try the mint flavor today!" Justin suggested as he pointed at the glass dividing the ice cream and him.

"Ew! Who likes mint flavored ice cream? Are you ok, Justin?" Sydney yelled disgusted.

"Sydney come on, let's try it! Who knows? It might be good!" I encouraged.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms while I ordered a large cup of mint ice cream for the three of us.  She knew I was just siding with Justin because I liked him, I couldn't blame her for being mad.

As we sat down Justin rummaged for his phone In his swimming bag. He tried calling Skylar to come over, but he didn't answer his phone.

Justin was surprised,  I wasn't.