Chapter 12: Awake Yet?

Lloyd's body couldn't have turned around any quicker if he had tried. The second he did turn, his eyes locked into Kai immediately, as if he couldn't believe it was really him looking back at him.

Lloyd: KAI!!

Lloyd shouted and startled Kai slightly, who was rubbing the sleep out his eyes at the time. He sped towards the smaller boy in the bed and engulfed him in a tight hug, giving the other boy almost no time to take in his surroundings.

Jay, Zane and Cole heard the commotion from the room they were in and worriedly came to see what was going on. They came in quickly, to see Lloyd embracing Kai, who looked like he was struggling to understand what was going on.

Kai was slowly opening his eyes, wanting to know what this sudden warmth was around him. But it had been over a day since he had last opened then so he was having trouble adjusting to the bright and currently blinding light in the room. Only hearing the muffled vices around him.

Jay: "Lloyd?"
Cole: "What-"
Zane: "Kai!"

The three quickly understood what was going on and ran over to Kai to make sure he was okay, when his eyes began to open further.

However Kai was still finding it difficult to open his eyes, from the light and also the fatigue he was currently feeling. Unsurprisingly he was also in a lot of pain right now as you could guess. He was bruised almost everywhere , his right leg was in a cast and he had a deep gash on his arm.

He groaned as the feeling in his body came back to him all at once.

Kai: "Ugh..."
Lloyd: "It's okay Kai!"
Cole: "Take it easy pal."

The words of his friends found their way to comfort Kai.

Zane: "I will go get Nya."

Zane left the room quite quickly, without another word.

Kai squinted his eyes as he tried to sit up in his bed, but ended up hissing from the pain it caused him.

Jay: "Are you okay?"
Cole: "Of course he's not okay dim wit!"
Jay: "Hey!"
Lloyd: "Guys shut up!"
Kai: "Ugh... e-everything hurts."
Lloyd: "I-it's okay... you're okay."

He gave a small, comforting smile towards the man currently lying on the bed below him.

Kai: "What h-happened?"

His eyes were fully opened now, seemingly aware about who he was in the room with. Although while Kai was speaking he sounded a little off, as if his throat was dry.

Cole scratched the back of his neck and found himself looking anywhere but Kai, as he thought about how he should explain this.

Cole: "Well..."
Jay: "WE'RE SORRY!"
Kai: "Ow. Loud noises."

He rubbed his head as if he still wasn't used to the sounds he was hearing.

Jay: "Oh... hehe..."

Lloyd rolled his eyes at Jay's stupidness and tries to explain it properly.

Lloyd: "W-Well Kai... we kinda sent you out on a fake mission but when you didn't come back we were getting worried..."

Lloyd found himself at a loss for words about this whole situation, he no longer wanted to continue the story as he felt like this was too hard for him to talk about. Cole picked up on this and continued from where he left off.

Cole: "So Nya And Lloyd both went out to look for you and-"
Jay: "YOU ALMOST DIED!"
Cole: "JAY!"
Kai: "...D...died?"