Chapter 17 - She Have Changed

Karan pov

Its been a month already, Ruhi as been really worried, about Neha she tired to contact her but it seems like she had disappeared.

Ruhi did told me that she does this often, but at least leave a message.

I had dropped Kartik at Amma and Appa, they wanted to spent time with him, I have been teaching Kartik Tamil so he could communicate a little.
And I must say he was a quick learner, he understands almost everything.. Just not able to speak properly.

I was on leave today, so to spend my time I was currently watching online surgery vedio.

My phone rang flashing Ruhi's name.

"Yes, Ruhi do you need me to come pic you?!" I asked her. She said No softly "I am bringing home Neha.." She said.

After that she cut the call. It's good that Kartik was not home, I can talk to her without trying to explain Kartik about everything.

Half an hour later Ruhi came, I furrowed my eyebrows at her as she stood alone. She gesture me that Neha was coming.

Soon enough a fragile figure walked behind her, I hold my gasp looking at her, she looked dull, Her shoulder slump down as if she was carrying world weight alone.

And when Her eyes gaze into mine, I thank the God, and fell proud that she came out of that dark place.

Her eyes were filled with so much sorrow that you can feel it.
The Neha I new back in college was fiery, badass, fearless. And now stood in front of me a body which was with painful soul.

"Neha" I said softly before walking at her, She flinch first at my approach but then, when I hugged her she tremble in my arms.

"I'll get a coffee and something to eat" Ruhi said, glancing at me she walked to the kitchen.

I brought Neha inside and made her sit on Sofa, I hold her hand "I so proud of you,!" I told her, she looked at me with pain filled eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I.." she struggled to say something. "It's ok Neha, you can come out of your self, We have been friends before, I know we lost contact, but I am still there to listen to you, so please let go" I told her.

And she did, as If needing to say those words out loud, she cried harder not silently, tears rolled down her eyes, Ruhi came and quickly took her in her arms.

"I want.. Want to be ok, I want to be myself, but.. But the haunted memories won't go.." She cried out.

"He.. Is telling me to take back the charges or he'll ruin my life, and dad won't listen he believes him rather then he's own daughter" She told I clenched my fist. What type of father is he... Can't he see how his daughter is suffering, and still want to give her to that monster.

"You have to be strong.. Like before let go of what happened Neha, it won't change, but you could." I assured her.

She nodded wiping her tears "you both talk, I'll make curry rice for you both. It's your favorite right Neha?!" I asked her.

She nodded again. I tap her head before going to kitchen

ROHIT'S POV

"Dad please, What as gotten into you, you can't force me to marry anyone" I said frustrated, since Ruhi got married, and I am the only one remaining mom, dad have been behind me showing photos of different girls.

"So what are you going to do, flirt around girls, being a playboy, I know what's going on Rohit, I just ignored everything earlier but now I will not." He said in threatening tone.