Shiny Diamond Ring (Ashton Irwin Fluff)

Summary: Ashton is leaving for a tour tomorrow, and (Y/N) is mad he is not spending his last day home with her.  
Based on Love Prompts #5: "Will you marry me?" #12: "You are cute when you are angry." 
(Request: FunnyFangirl95) (Words: 1.3k)
--

"I thought you would be spending the day with me..." I mumble, stumbling into the living room where Ashton is having his morning coffee, dressed for the day already.
"I know, baby. And I plan to, for most of it. But I have a few things to take care of before leaving." He smiles at me, patting his thigh for me to sit on. I groan a little, looking at him a little angrily; we have less than 24 hours together before he is off, touring the country for the next 3 months. He promised we would be soaking in each other, that he would shut everyone and everything out and just be me and him, for just one day.

I walk to the couch he is sitting, only to curl on the other side of it and look at him. He gives me a chuckle before taking a small sip of coffee.
"You are cute when you are angry." He leaves the cup on the coffee table, scooting closer to me to pinch my cheek.
"I am not angry." I shrug my shoulders, trying not to give in to his charming smile.
"Yeah, and I am not head over heels in love with you." He chuckles and presses a kiss on my forehead.
"I have to go to a meeting. Very last minute. But I will be back for dinner." He assures me, stroking a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Dinner? So, you will be back at night? Ash, this is our last day together and you are going to spend nearly half of it away from me..." I complain and he sighs, running a hand over his face.
"I know, love. And I promise, I promise that tonight it will be just me and you. Everything will be shut out of here and it will be just us." He says reassuringly, bringing a hand to stroke my face. I dodge him, getting up from the couch and stomping back to our bedroom.
"Like you promised we would be spending the whole day together today." I reply, shutting the door with a thud.
"Yeah, I see that you are not mad at all." He says calmly; his voice sounds close, he is probably standing outside the door.
"I will be back at around 7. I will cook your favorite. I love you, angel." He says, sighing in surrender.
I don't reply, lying on our bed and grabbing one of the books from the nightstand, hoping that by reading time will pass by quicker.

"(Y/N), dinner is ready... Can you please come out?" Ashton says softly, knocking on the door. He sighs before I hear him walk away, shuffling his feet on the floor.
My hair is still wet from the shower I took earlier, and I am wearing a pair of sweats and an old tank top, and I honestly don't look anywhere nearly how I wanted to look for tonight, but my stomach grumbles at the smell of the food he has cooked.
I walk out of the bedroom, walking to the kitchen and expecting to find the dinner laid in there.
I peek at the dining room, finding Ashton pouring wine at the glasses. He looks jittery, straightening stuff on the table.
"Why are we eating so formally? It's just dinner." I ask as I take a seat.
"It's never just dinner with you. And it is the last dinner we are having at our house for a while, so..." He smiles at me, sitting on his chair.
"If I knew we would be dining formally, I would dress a bit nicer." I state and he chuckles, giving me a side smile.
"You look dazzling, my love." He reaches to stroke his thumb over the back of my hand.
"You are really cheesy right now." I roll my eyes playfully, getting my fork so I can dig in my food.

"So, how was your day?" I ask, looking at my plate.
"Really boring. We had 3 meetings, all of them had nothing to do with the creative part of the tour. Yours?" He asks me, brushing over the context of his day.
"I finished the Soft Thorns book. It was nice. And I waited for you. Pretty miserable if you are asking me... But it gave me an insight into how my days will be now you are leaving. Well, weekends, because on weekdays I will have the working hours, at least." I shrug, taking a deep breath.
"Fuck, that was..."
"Depressing. Yeah, I know." I pick my glass to cling it with his.
"All jokes aside, I am proud of you. And yes, I am mad we didn't have more time, but I know how much you love performing and I know that it makes you happy, and that's what I want for you. So, let's drink to you and the amazing tour you are about to go to." I smile at him, raising the glass a bit up; I truly believe it, I honestly want him to be happy while on tour.
"Damn, you just ruined my next move." He sighs, rubbing his temple.
"What next move?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. He gets up from his chair, moving to stand in front of me.

"I really cannot think about my life, about my future and not picture it with you. And I had this full speech I wanted to make but you came and wiped it all off by saying what you just said, making my speech seem like it was written by a 5-year old, and I truly have been working on it, thinking over it again and again, for so long. So I really have to use the simplest version, because no other way, no words will be able to convey the thoughts in my head." He mumbles, fiddling with his fingers.
"You really need to get to the point because if this is what I think it is, I might start crying soon..." I mumble, my mind jumping to the scenario of my craziest wish becoming reality.
"Will you marry me?" He asks, reaching in his pocket. My hands fly to my mouth, eyebrows furrowing as I take it in and try to realize what he just said.
"Are you really asking me? This isn't a joke, right?" I ask and he shakes his head as he opens the box.
"Yes, I will marry you, you moron." I giggle as I stand up, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wraps his around my waist, hugging me close to his body.
"I really could not leave without putting a ring on it." He chuckles as we pull away, stroking his thumb over my cheek. I giggle, raising my hand to wrap my fingers around his wrist.
"Yeah, now you don't have to worry about me getting hit on while you are away." I joke and he hums.
"One of the reasons, yeah..." He pecks on my forehead before he takes my hand and slides the ring on my finger. We both look at it for a second, before I realize what just happened and burst in tears, making him hug me back to his body.

"Hey, this isn't a time for crying." He says soothingly, rubbing my back softly.
"I know. I just... I never thought this would happen. I know I wished for it, but I just..." I shrug my shoulders. He takes my hand in his, bringing it to his lips to peck on it.
"I always knew I wanted to marry you, baby. I always knew you are the one. It just took me a minute to realize it." He replies.
"I love you." I whisper, standing on my toes to kiss him.
"Then I am a lucky man. I love you too, angel." He whispers, hovering over my lips.