Brushing her blonde hair over one shoulder, she says, "Sort of. But that's beside the point. I'm talking about my ex-boyfriend. We broke up once I found out that I would be moving to America."

She never told me that something happened between her and Nathan.

Bryce tenses, and his grip on my waist becomes even tighter as he quietly says, "I'm sorry to hear that. You could have just tried long-distance though."

Kennedy's eyes narrow at him. "Don't go there. Stop acting as if you wouldn't fall apart if you had to be away from Lexi for so long."

Bryce opens his mouth to say something else but I quickly place my hand over his, squeezing firmly in a silent command for him to keep his mouth shut.

He looks down at me with a sad expression in his eyes, and I just shake my head at him.

There's a knock on the door at just the right time.

Kennedy glances to me, asking, "I'm not expecting company. Are you?"

I shake my head at her, and so she dramatically hauls herself up off the bed before making her way across the room.

Bryce and I watch as she pulls the door open, but she only gets it about halfway open before her hands fly to cover her mouth.

As soon as she sees whoever is standing in the doorway she falls to the ground, dropping to her knees.

She begins to sob almost immediately. I'm fairly certain that words are coming out of her mouth, but the only thing that I'm able to decipher is the words 'jewels'.

That can't be right . . .

Jewels? Maybe she said 'Jules'.

Where have I hear that name before? It's not very common, but I could've sworn that I've heard or met someone with the name.

Oh my God!

Jules! Her ex-boyfriend from France!

Bryce seems to be extremely confused by the situation, but despite the fact that I know more about what's going on than he does, I think that I may be even more confused considering that as far as I know, Jules still lives in France.

"Who the fuck is that?" Bryce asks, and I elbow him in the side to keep his mouth shut as I'm hoping to hear some of this conversation.

I don't know why I bothered, because when Jules kneels down in front of Kennedy, taking her face in his hands, he begins speaking in French.

Duh, Lexi. They're from France. It's their native language. Why ehe heck would they speak English to each other?

Although I've taken French class at school for the past several years, Jules' words are too quick and his accent is too strong for me to understand a single thing that he had just said.

Meanwhile, Bryce is smirking at my frustration.

Stupid trilingual bastard.

Watching as Jules and Kennedy embrace, both of them still kneeling on the floor as Kennedy remains a sobbing mess, clinging to her ex-lover, I lean up to whisper in Bryce's ear, "What did he just say?"

Bryce gets a cocky grin on his face before he whispers back to me, "He told her that he missed her. And he called her an angel."

I nod, training my eyes back on Kennedy and Jules, listening as Kennedy rapidly responds to Jules in French as well.

Glancing back towards Bryce, he sighs loudly before telling me, "She just said that she missed him too."

I give him a grateful smile as I continue to watch Kennedy, finally able to understand her words when softly, she says, "Je t'aime plus que tout."