Chapter 3: Bump into Him

Chapter 3:
Bump into Him

Kokichi POV

I woke up better than usual. Must be because I immediately made seven friends on my first day of school! Amazing right? I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face. Then after that I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my mother. "You seem.. happier. What's up? Got a boyfriend?" I blushed at her words. "I-i do not h-have a boyfriend m-mom!" "Yet" she smirked. I sat beside her and ate my bread.

Once done I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth, took a bath, wear my usual boy clothes then left my house with my bag and a kiss from mom. I kept walking and walking till I finally reached school. At the school's gate were Kaede, Rantaro and Tsumugi. "Oh hey Kokichi!" Tsumugi waved at me making the other two's direction turn to me. "Look who it is, it's your little brother" Rantaro laughed. I ran up to them but then someone suddenly passed by.

I bumped into the person. Great. "I-im so s-sorry!" I realized I was so close to him that maybe he would feel my chest so I backed away. I looked up and my eyes widens. Shuichi Saihara. He was blushing and he looked like he was thinking of something. I bit my lip and akwardly ran to the others. "H-he-!" Kaede pulled me into a hug. She pulls away and starts inspectioning me.

"Are you okay?! Did he hurt you?! God why are you so careless you could've got your ass kicked!" She yelled at me still looking for any bruises. "Kaede chill, you saw him, he didn't even laid a single finger on him" Tsumugi sweated.

"L-lets just go to class" I sigh. "Hey Kokichi, could I talk to you for a minute?" I looked at Rantaro and nod. "Thanks.." he pulls me away from Kaede and whispers in my ear, "do you like Kaede?" I blushed and madly shakes my head. "Ok ok I get it. Stop doing that or else you'll get dizzy" he places his hand on my shoulder and the four of us starts walking inside the school.

Shuichi POV

.....

.....

He is actually a she? Why would she dress like a boy? Is there some sort of reason why? Must be judging by her behavior. I can't believe I felt those. I blush when I remembered her being so close to me.

I can't believe she got my attention.

I shake my head and walked inside the school. I noticed the same three students who took my hat yesterday so I glared at them as a warning. They cowered. God when will they grow up? They're just brats who thinks that they can beat someone with knifes and bats.
My first class is with Kokichi and the other friends of hers.

I opened the door and looked at my desk near Kokichi. Then I looked at Kokichi. She seems to be ignoring my presence. I walk inside at sat beside her.
"Kokichi" I noticed her stiffen up. She turned around to look at me. "Y-yes?" I noticed Kaede's glare. Wow I'm so scared. "Could I talk to you after class?"

Kokichi POV

"Could I talk to you after class?" I gulped. Oh God I am going to get my ass kicked. "y-yeah sure" I gave him a small smile while screaming internally at myself. I turned back to face Kaede.
"Please help me" I whispered to her. "Don't worry, I'll kick his ass if be dares hurt you. You'll be fine I promise" she assures me.

I hope I'm gonna be fine...

Well like I said hoping gives me bad luck so oh crap this is gonna be bad. The teacher walked in and soon the lesson started.

—————Time Skip ———›

"And that's how you get the value of N in..." Ms. Claire kept discussing about this and that and that. I sigh. I'm too sleepy. "You better not sleep in class" I heard Shuichi mumble. I looked at him and notice he was looking at me so I looked away.

"Y-yeah of c-course I won't"