28. Favors

"Are you sure you can do it? I can just go myself tomorrow—,"

Tyler was still sore from yesterday; his bruises were still prominent. He needed rest, even though his ankle had healed a little more. He flinched when I touched his chest.

"I'll go. You said it's quick right?"

"Mhmm. It's a small party in West Hollywood. Just ask around for a Dylan and give him the bag. He'll give you the cash and then leave quick. I don't want you around them frat college niggas."

The first delivery I'd ever done. I was a bit nervous not having him around with me, since he always took charge. But if it was quick I was sure it was going to be easy.

...

I looked down at my phone, making sure it was the right address before I stepped into the party. It's loud; lights blaring everywhere as people came in and out.

I made my way in, holding on tightly to the brown paper bag. I walked around, trying to make sure everything was controlled before I asked around. Tyler said he looked like the typical white jock, so I kept an eye out.

I walked closer to the drinks area, someone by the bar looked like how Tyler had described him. I walked over quickly.

"Dylan?"

"Yeah," he smirked down at me.

"Um, delivery?" I eyed the bag as he caught the reference.

"Oh fuck yeah. Just in time."

He began to take out his wallet as he searched it. My eyes wandered off to the side—my eyes coming in contact with someone familiar. That can't be Rakim. He noticed my glare.

I look away quickly as Dylan handed me the cash and we interchanged.

I stuck it in my bag as I began to make my way out and avoid him.

My heart began to beat faster as I felt someone grab my waist.

"Nadine? Fuck you doing here?"

I moved his hand away.

"I'm leaving."

"Already?" He had me cornered.

"I don't want anything to do with you."

Rakim looked around, realizing Tyler wasn't here.

"Yo boyfriend missed count. He owes me more."

"I'll let him know—,"

"Nah. I'll get to him first. And I'll be taking over this time."

I looked at him intently, confused as to what he was alluding to.

"What do you mean?"

He began to touch around my hips, his right hand coming up as his fingers traced my lips.

"We getting rid of yo' mans, baby. For good."

He harshly took my hand as he guided it to his trousers—he lifted his shirt. His hand moved mine over his gun.

I pulled away.

"Please don't do this. I'll talk to him. I promise I'll get you the money—,"

"Nah...see I'm done with that shit. He had a chance. He fucked it up. He's done."

I knew Tyler wouldn't be able to defend himself. He was too hurt.
He began to leave when I pulled his arm back spontaneously.

"What do you want? I'll give you what you want just give me time."

He smirked as his grill became visible under the pink and purple lights.

"You know I'd be nice to know I fucked his girl."

I shut my eyes, my heart sinking.

"You wanna buy him time, right?" His hand slipped into my jeans.

My thoughts raced back to Tyler. I didn't have a choice. Rakim would kill him if I didn't give him what he wanted.

"Then fuck me. Just don't touch him."

He took hold on my neck, breathing heavily by my ear.

"Mhmm. Good choice."

He pulled my waist into him as he guided me to an empty bedroom in the back.

I shut the door behind me, breathing in and out before turning to face him.

Rakim sat on the bed, eyeing my frame as I got closer.

I placed my hands around his neck as I hesitantly placed my lips on his—I could feel a tear escape my eyes knowing what I was doing. Tyler scared off anyone that even tried to hit on me—this would cause so much destruction if he were to find out.

I let the thoughts disappear as I moaned into his neck. His lips trailed my neck before pushing my waist down into the bed. I held my breath as he took down my hair tie; revealing my head of curls.

He made his way down, pulling my pants off harshly.

"I'll make you feel better than that nigga ever will."

...

I got into the car; adjusting my hair into a bun again. I looked into the rear view mirror as I fixed myself up quickly. I didn't want to think anymore about it. It was over.

I checked down at my phone. Five missed calls from Tyler.

it's getting late. Nadine where the fuck are you?
-Tyler

I drove back to his quickly, zooming past yellow lights before they turned red.

I parked quickly into his driveway as I jogged out the car and made my way in.

I sprinted up the stairs, Tyler in a towel—he'd gotten out of the shower.

I pulled the cash out of my bag as I threw it on the bed. I didn't even want to look at him. I couldn't face what I did.

"What happened? You were supposed to be here an hour ago."

"Nothing. It was quick. Just some traffic," I moved past him as I grabbed my charger from the plug. I wanted to go home.

He stopped me.

"What happened?"

I couldn't let him see through me.

"Nothing happened! I'm just tired Tyler, fuck."

I moved past him as I made my way down the stairs.

"You not staying?" He called from the room.

"Nah. I have to get up early tomorrow."

"Text me. I love you."

I gulped as I smiled up at him.