20. Dancer

I was at work bagging a customer's item as I handed them a receipt.

My manager was gone, and I still had a few hours until closing time.

I was startled when Tyler walked into the store, quickly coming over to where I was behind the register.

He looked paranoid.

"You wanna help me with something?" He leaned over the register.

"Anything."

"It's a club Rakim is gonna be at tonight. He always goes to VIP where the strippers be at..." He stoped himself, biting his lip. "Fuck, I get if you don't wanna do it—,"

"Just tell me."

He nodded.

"I need you to distract him."

"Like flirt?"

"Mhmm. Get into character."

"Stripper character?" I lifted my eyebrow.

"Mm. Do what you need to do to get his attention," he gripped the table that separated us harder, "Don't let him fucking touch you. Lead him to the back. I'll take it from there."

My eyes widened as I realized what I had gotten myself into. Nonetheless, I complied.

"Should I get there earlier then? To get ready?"

"Yeah. I got someone picking you up tonight. When you get to the club ask for Maya. She takes care of the dancers there. She'll know."

I nodded.

It was sexy seeing him all wrapped up in having his idea executed. He was a perfectionist in everything; which wasn't surprising considering it got him this far into the game.

He began to leave before I took hold of the collar on his shirt, pulling him back close to me so were face to face. His hands rested on the glass table that stood between us.

"You're leaving without saying bye?"

The corners of his lips turned up as he eyed my moving lips.

His tongue ran across my upper lip sensually as he seductively bit on my bottom lip, pulling it slowly as as he backed away.

"If he touches you I'll kill him."

His intense glare kept me quiet as I watched him leave. Rakim keeping his distance from me was obviously a priority that I couldn't take lightly.

I wondered who Rakim was and what could've happened between them to make Tyler so anxious to scare him off. This side of Tyler frightened me a little, but I knew him well enough to understand it was part of him.

...

I had gotten home just as the sun had set in completely. It was dark. I was beginning to get tense when my phone vibrated.

driver's outside. he'll take you to the club.
-Tyler

I looked outside my window; a similar black SUV was parked. I bit my cheek as I grabbed my phone and made my way outside.