22. Sore

I woke up with an intense headache; my mind instantly taking me back to the night before. I recounted Tyler and I's encounter. It felt like a dream, like it didn't happen. But it did, and here I was in bed, incredibly sore.

I sat up on the bed as I rolled my neck around somehow trying to alleviate the pain.

I felt like I had ran a fucking marathon. My legs hurt, my arms had formed bruises on certain areas, and it even hurt to change into my clothes. I cursed as I looked down at my phone.

why were you at the strip club last night?? you need to tell me everything.
-Frank

I really needed to stop sharing my location with him.

...

Luckily, I didn't have work today. I made my way to school as I met up with Frank near the cafe.

He came over with a smirk on his face.

"So about last night..."

"Oh my god you're so fucking nosey." I spat.

"So spill it."

"We just hung out. That was it..." I took a sip of my coffee. I really was not about to tell him everything.

"Hmm."

"But guess what?" I bit my lip. "We made it official."

Frank's eyes widened.

"Oh word? Like y'all serious now?"

"We talked it out and we're both like, excited. I'm excited."

"That's good. As long as you're happy. But I'm betting two weeks till y'all fight again and break it off."

I let out a laugh.

"I'm serious. Both of you get crazy."

"Okay but we're forreal this time. I promise."

Frank rolled his eyes.

...

I got out of class earlier than usual as I made my way to the car. I looked down at Tyler's house key on my keychain. I figured I'd go visit him; after all, I had a free day I didn't want to waste.

When I got to his place, I parked by the garage. The comparison between my beat up old car and his mansion was crazy in itself.

I wasn't sure if anyone was home, and I didn't want to text him. I hoped he wasn't so I could surprise him.

I opened the door, the key unlocking it.

"Tyler?"

My voice rang throughout the empty house. No reply.

I placed my stuff on the wood floor as I closed the door behind me and made my way to the living room. I wandered around; I wondered how he lived in such a large empty house. I felt so small.

I heard a car engine turn off outside and a few seconds later the door opened.

I peeked through the side.

"Nadine?" He asked, looking around.

"Yeah!"

I walked over to where he was in the kitchen. He shut the fridge as he chugged a bottle of water. Clearly he had just gotten back from the gym. He was in his boxing attire; nike sneakers with training shorts. He set the water down as he took his shirt off, throwing it over his shoulder as he walked over to me.

"You finally used the key."

For some reason, my stomach filled with butterflies the closer he got.