11. Sprung

I hadn't talked to Tyler in two days.

I had been ignoring his texts, calls, and his stops at the store.

If he came in, I would give him the silent treatment until he gave up and left.

Something about not giving him what he wanted made me feel like I had him tied around my finger. I felt good.

I just wanted a short break from whatever the fuck we were doing.

Frank took me to class this morning and I had been waiting for him in the library. I was done for the day. I texted Mia back.

I'm coming home for break!! can't wait to see you!!!
-Mia

can't wait!!!
-me

I was definitely excited for her come back. It was her, Frank and I that had the most fun when we were together. She was way more outspoken than Frank and I combined, so she served the purpose of bringing the fun out of us.

Just as I replied, another text lit up my phone.

turn around.
-Tyler

I looked behind me. The library had a huge glass window that led to the parking lot outside, so you were able to see what was going on. I was sitting in front of it; my back turned.

He stood there, leaned against the car. I got up from my seat angrily, making my way down.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked, walking closer.

"Picking you up from class, the fuck it look like?"

"I already have a ride."

I began to turn when he tugged on my shirt.

"Nah, you're coming with me."

"Or what?"

He took the phone from my hand as he pulled something from under the car seat.

I gasped as I tried to pry my phone from him, but he was taller.

"Get in or I'm shooting bullets through your phone." He pulled the hammer back on the gun.

I grunted as I eyed him, taking my phone from his hand as I made my way to the passenger seat.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He pressed, driving off from the lot.

"Because I'm not in the mood." I crossed my arms, looking out the window.

"You're the one that came looking for me in the first place."

"And now you're here, forcing me in your car."

"Why are you so fucking difficult?"

I stayed silent as my leg bounced up and down.

It was silent except for the faint music that played in his car. He skipped the turn towards my house.

"Where are we going?" I shifted in my seat annoyed.

"Somewhere."

I realized we were making our way into Bel-Air, one of the richest residential areas in LA.

"Tyler, if this is another fucking delivery I swear—,"

"It's not."

We drove past a gated area as we approached a huge mansion-like home. It was like nothing i've ever seen before.

He pushed a button which opened a huge parking garage underneath the house. As it opened, it revealed two more luxury cars. I was unsure where we were; or who's this was. It couldn't have been his. I figured he came here to collect some money.

We got out of the car as he unlocked the front door, opening it as he walked inside first. My mouth dropped as I walked in after him, the spiral staircase looking straight at me. It was exactly what I thought a mansion like this would look like inside.

It was a dream.

"You happy?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.

"What?"

"You kept asking about seeing my place..."

I stopped in my tracks, turning around to face him.

"This is yours?"

He nodded, making his way into the kitchen as I followed behind him.

"Why were you hiding this from me?" I asked, admiring the details on everything.

"I didn't think it was a big deal I guess."

"Oh because this shit is normal to you?" I chuckled.

"I'm used to it now. It was weird when I first got this."

"When?"

"Three years ago."

I looked outside to the patio from the glass sliding door. There was a huge backyard with an enormous pool and jacuzzi on the side.

He took my house keys from my hand, taking out another key from his pocket as he pressed it into my keychain.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Spare house key. Use it when you want."

He walked nonchalantly over to the cabinet under a kitchen drawer, opening it as my eyes widened. There was all types of guns floating around in it. I watched as he added bullets into one of them, pulling the handle back so it clicked. He placed it back into the front of his trousers, pulling his shirt over it. He spoke with his back turned to me.

"There's an uber waiting outside for you. I gotta go make another delivery. Text me when you get home from work," he came over, his lips lingering on my ear, "or you can stay for as long as you'd like."

I bit my lip as I watched him pick up the keys and make his way out. The sound of the door closing echoed throughout the empty mansion.

His unpredictability about everything kept me intrigued. The way he knew how to keep me in check puzzled even me.

I had four missed calls from Frank.

I cursed as it was almost time for my shift. I made my way out; the luxury black SUV waiting for me just as Tyler said it would.