17. Bloody

I got to work groggy, my head still slightly pounding from the day before.

I put on my work shirt in the stockroom, a piece of paper falling on the ground.

It was the same receipt with Reece's phone number that I had completely forgotten about.

I debated on whether or not to call him, but instead I ripped it up, throwing it into the trash under register.

As I cleaned up some of the stuff that was laying around the area, I noticed Tyler's car pass by. I didn't think much of it–pushing it to the back of my mind. My phone buzzed.

club tonight! my last night with you guys :(
-Mia

I sighed as I read the group chat. Fuck, I had completely forgotten about our outing tonight.

u lucky i get off work early. smh
-Frank

I laughed to myself as a customer walked in. I put my phone back in my pocket as I dreaded the next couple of hours.

...

After my shift I headed straight home; showering as Mia texted us all the details. She wanted to pick us up and told us to wear the sexiest thing we owned. I pulled out a different black dress; this time it had straps, but it was still tight on my figure.

I got ready, and luckily Mia wasn't there to bother me about my hair. I tied it up in a messy bun as some curls fell to the front.

I put on some lipstick as looked at myself in the mirror.

"Nadine!" Frank walked into my room with a bag of chips in his hand.

"Was the door unlocked?" I gasped at his sudden entrance.

"Yeah. You really need to start double checking that," He threw himself on my bed.

"That's what you're going in? Now I feel overdressed," I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror.

"What am I supposed to wear? A suit? Bitch it's the club."

I laughed. He had on a t-shirt and jeans. Nothing special.

"At least you know Mia is gonna go all out too. If anything we're both underdressed."

"Fuck, true." I groaned.

"How was the party last night? Mia posted a whole ass hour worth of ig stories," he chuckled.

"Uh, it was fine. Like any other frat party." I decided to not tell him about Tyler, it would ruin the mood.

Soon, we heard honking outside and ran downstairs as we greeted Mia in her car.

"Damn, took you long enough," Frank sat shotgun.

We start driving up to Hollywood, the same club that we always go to when Mia comes to visit. It was fancier than most clubs, and Mia liked it because there was always cute guys there.

I noticed a black SUV following us from the rear view mirror.

It had been doing the same turns that we kept going in, and I was beginning to feel a knot in my stomach.

"Y'all, that black SUV definitely following us."

"Oh my god you're so paranoid! It's just a coincidence," Mia turned up the music.

But it wasn't. Mia merged into the next lane, and so did the SUV. She made a left. They made a left. She switched lanes again, and so did they. It couldn't be a coincidence.

As we found parking, the black SUV went inside the VIP parking into the club.

I watched as Mia and Frank disregarded it. I let it go.