"But—"

"No buts," Seokjin says. "I told you what I needed to tell you and before you start assuming things, I just want to let you know that this was my decision and I'm glad I agreed to this job because I can send you three to a good school and I've also made two really good friends."

Hearing this reduces the boys' worries and they feel more relaxed because if their dad can consider his boss a friend, then he must be working in a healthy workplace environment. The fact that Mr Kim is here with their dad proves that they are, in fact, quite close, but Mr Kim's unexpected appearance this morning shows they may be a little closer than they seem. The boys also trust their dad fully and they know he wouldn't be able to keep a secret from them for too long. He has proven to them time and time again that they have no reason to doubt him.

However, Eunho has a confusion by the mention of 'two really good friends'. "Wait, so... Who's the lady that gives us food everyday?" he asks.

"She's—"

"—no one," Taehyung cuts Seokjin off.

Seokjin rolls his eyes. "That's a lie. She's Mr Kim's f—"

"—family friend."

"Yah! Don't talk over me!" Seokjin yells.

Taehyung scowls. "Don't scream in my ear. If I go deaf then it's your fault."

Seokjin wants to say something but he has no argument so he just sticks his tongue out at Taehyung. Taehyung bites his lower lip to hold back a smile but his boxy grin ends up gracing his face. All he can think about is how cute Seokjin is.

Taeyoung giggles. "You guys are cute."

Seokjin's ears turn red and Taehyung blushes slightly. Jaemin and Eunho don't fail to notice this and they smile from ear to ear. Taeyoung's lips suddenly twitch to the side because he's worried that his dad's relationship with Mr Kim will go beyond a friendship. It's not that he doesn't like Mr Kim, but... he's just scared. He doesn't want to lose his dad.

"But you're not allowed to date," Taeyoung says, a serious look on his face.

Of course.

"Anyway, since we're done, why don't you three go back to your game?" Seokjin says to his sons.

Eunho has another realisation by the mention of the board game. "Mr Kim, does that mean you were the one who bought us the board game?" he asks for confirmation.

"Yes. Do you like it?" Taehyung says, a smile on his face.

"Thank you so much, sir! We appreciate it a lot," Jaemin says. He stands up and bows twice because he's so grateful. "We really like it. Thank you so, so much."

Eunho also stands up and bows 90 degrees with respect to express his sincerest gratitude. Taeyoung also does the same even though he wants to yell at Mr Kim for sitting too close to his dad. 

"You don't need to call me Mr Kim outside of school. Just call me—I don't know—samchon?" Taehyung suggests, a hint of uncertainty in his tone.

Taehyung feels weird being called 'Mr Kim' since he knows these boys beyond school, and the boys feel weird calling their principal anything other than 'Mr Kim'.