three ✔

NOTE: halmeoni = grandma

The weekend passes by quickly and it's the second Monday of the academic year. Jaemin will be attending Kim College as one of their students today and Seokjin is triple checking everything to make sure that nothing is missing. Seokjin seems more nervous than Jaemin when Jaemin's the one who'll be attending a new school today.

"Appa, calm down. I have everything," Jaemin says for the umpteenth time.

"[Kor] Do you need more food? I can pack you a bigger lunch," Seokjin says, pulling out whatever foods he can find in the cupboard.

"Appa, really, I have everything. We get free lunch from the cafeteria anyway," Jaemin says.

Seokjin is clearly stressed and no words of reassurance will alleviate the pressure on his shoulders so Jaemin embraces his dad warmly. Seokjin's tensed body immediately relaxes and his lips curve into a smile as he wraps his arms around his son. One hug and all is better.

"I just hope they have good food unlike the trash you see at American schools in the movies," Jaemin says, his nose scrunched up in distaste.

"I'm surprised they even have a cafeteria 'cause I've never heard of an Australian school that has one. We only have canteens and they look nothing like the ones you see in Google Images," Eunho says, reading a non-fiction psychological book that he borrowed from the school library.

"Well, it's an independent school," Jaemin says, and gives a small shrug.

Eunho rolls his eyes and returns to reading.

"[Kor] Are you excited?" Seokjin asks Jaemin.

"Excited and nervous. Mr Kim's a bit scary because he never smiles but he seems pretty nice overall," Jaemin says.

Seokjin hums in agreement. "[Kor] He didn't smile but he spoke in a friendly tone. He could have been having a bad day."

"I dunno, appa. I've heard a lot of rumours about him. People call him a robot because he always has a blank face."

"Yah! Don't believe everything you hear," Seokjin says, and gently flicks Jaemin's forehead in a playful manner.

Jaemin pouts slightly and rubs the spot his dad flicked. Seokjin smiles and pinches Jaemin's cheek.

"Appa!" Taeyoung cries out from the toilet.

"[Kor] Yes?" Seokjin shouts in response.

"My poo won't flush!"

Jaemin and Eunho burst out laughing while their dad frustratedly leaves to deal with the blocked toilet.

"Hyung, you're not sad about leaving your friends behind, are you?" Eunho asks his older brother.

Jaemin shrugs. "I'm going to miss them but I'm not going to let sentiments hold me back from going further in life."

Eunho hums in response.

"Friends don't last forever anyway, you know? There's a reason why it has 'end' in it. But family ends with 'i-l-y' which means 'I love you'." Jaemin gives Eunho a finger heart and winks playfully.

Eunho laughs. "You're so cheesy, hyung."

"But it's true, isn't it?" Jaemin asks, serious.

Eunho rolls his eyes and dismisses the conversation with a wave of his hand. Taeyoung soon comes running into the living room in just his underwear and stands there like a statue for a few seconds. Jaemin opens his mouth to ask what Taeyoung wants but Taeyoung is quicker to let out a gross fart and laughs loudly.