Part 7: Surprise!

Start from the beginning

"When is our first appointment scheduled?" Izuku asked as he pulled out his phone to type the date into his calendar.

"September 10 at 10:30 a.m." Dr. Minoru replied.

"September 10 at 10:30 a.m." Izuku repeated as he carefully made sure to type everything correctly into his phone.

"Got it. Thank you so much, Dr. Minoru." Izuku graciously thanked him.

"You're very welcome. You two take care. You've been discharged, Mrs. Midoriya, but please listen." She maintained eye contact with him as she awaited his reply.

"I mean what I said. I strongly suggest that you take a break from being a pro hero for awhile."

"I-I will." She sadly replied as he shut the door. Izuku had noticed how sad she looked.

"Hey. What's wrong?" He asked gently.

"It's just that I love being a pro hero. I worked so hard to become strong like you. Don't get me wrong. I'm overjoyed to be carrying this baby, but I'll miss hero work."

She looked down and placed a hand over her, for now, small stomach.

"I know, sweetheart. You're such an amazing hero. You've saved so many countless lives. If you wouldn't have interfered with mine and Kacchan's fight with that villain, neither of us would be alive right now."

He gave her a warm smile as he placed his hand over hers, gently caressing her stomach.

"Are you ready to go home now?" He inquired after giving her hand a kiss.

"Yes." She replied.

After nurses came in to unhook her from monitors and to remove her IV, the two made their way back home, eager to soon tell Eri that she would become a big sister.

—————

"Mama! Papa!" Eri cried as she ran to the door to greet her parents.

"We were just watching Frozen." Inko said as she joined them at the door.

"Again?" Ochako asked with a laugh.

"You know it's my favorite, mama." Eri giggled.

"Thanks for staying with her, mom." Izuku wrapped his mother in a tight embrace.

"It was no problem. I just brought her home from my house a little bit ago. I don't think she got much sleep last night, but I think she's so excited to see you two that she's forgotten how tired she was." Inko chuckled.

Izuku and Inko looked over to see Eri talking as fast as Izuku mutters to Ochako who was trying to keep up with what she was saying.

He walked over to them.

"Eri, honey. Your mom still needs some rest. Let's try to settle down a little, okay?"

"Okay, papa. I'm just so happy you two are home." She said as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

He gently placed a hand on the back of Eri's head and hugged her tightly.

"Papa, you're squishing me!"

"S-sorry." He replied as he lightened his grip.

"You take care, Ochako." Inko said as she hugged her daughter-in-law goodbye.

"I will. Thank you, Inko."

After she left, Ochako settled down with Eri on the couch as the two watched another of Eri's favorite movies, The Little Mermaid. Izuku saw this as an opportunity to do research on anything he thought that could help him take care of his wife.