Chapter 1: "A new Start."

...

There, a pale petite baby slept in the comfort of a proud dad. He had black hair, not as pale skin like Zane's, and tiny dots that ouspreaded across his face. He opened his eyes, just glistening at the world around him. He had warm sunflower eyes, just like Nana's. His room was blue with welcoming balloons from the baby shower they had not so long ago. They read the words, "It's a boy!" and "congratulations!"

But in the closet, held a huge stuffed bear Garroth bought for the baby- which would frighten him and visitors they invited over. So they decided hide it in the closet until Nathan grows up to like it.

It was past 9:14 pm, Zane fatigue eyes began to close, but soon waking up, continuing the cycle over and over again. The baby, the happy couple named him Nathan, would cry every time that certain time came around the corner, so Zane was only preparing for the fussy baby to start.

Nana walked onto them, heading to bed herself.

"Zane?" she wondered, poking her head into the room.

She watched as her tired husband try to open his eyes, but soon later failed.

She shook her head, gently grabbing the baby and rocking him in her arms. She placed him on her hip, rubbing Zane's arm to wake him up.

"Zane, c'mon. Let's go to bed."

His eyes snapped awake.

"H-Huh? Where's.." he trailed, rubbing his eyes.

"Let's go to bed, you look terrible," she said, placing Nathan in his gray and pinkish crib. She put his pacifier in his small mouth and turned on the musical toys that came along with the cradle. He stared at it in amazement, kicking his legs in attempt to reach for it.

The sound was annoying to hear all night- but it was just that harrowing music that kept Nathan asleep somehow.

She kissed Nathan on the forehead and focused her attention on Zane. She grabbed his hand and turned off the lights of the room.

They both laid down close together, his arm protectively wrapping around her elfin waist and her back brushing against his chest.

Everything was simple... until Nathan started to cry again.

It was Nana's turn to get up, but Zane grip tightened.

"Later.." he groaned.

...

Softly snoring where they slept, her right arm sagged off the bed while his left arm was placed across his chest. Both of their hair mingled in together. But in between them, deposit a baby. It turned out that the couple completely given up and moved onto sleeping with Nathan. He didn't exactly calm down fast like they expected he would, but eventually- he got tired and fell asleep with them.

-BEEP-
-BEEP-
-BEEP-

Nathan began to cry for how the noise had waken him up.

It was Zane's phone.

"Ugh..." he frowned, sitting up.

Nana wasn't having it, she just placed a pillow on top of her head and called it a day, even if the baby was pulling her hair for attention.

Zane reached for his phone, dodging the baby who wanted it.

It was Garroth.

He murmured something offhand under his breath.

"Heard that." Nana tiredly replied.

Zane rolled his eyes and answered.

"Garroth.. why are you calling me? Its 3 am, the baby still... er, was sleeping.." Zane groaned, sitting up in bed.

"Zane, are you coming to the family reunion today? You missed the last one." the voice echoed in the phone.

"Why are you calling me at 3 am to tell me this.."

"Because Dante and Laurence are singing for some reason, and it's annoying as-"

"Hey! I have a baby with me," Zane scolded.

"Oh, speaking on babies- how is Nate?" Garroth asked.

"He's fine.." he replied, looking at a pouting baby pulling Nana's hair. She reached over the counter and grabbed the keys to their car- which got towed away because of Zane unforgetful love of evilness.

She handed him them. Instantly, he replaced that frown with a bright smile, jingling the keys in front of his face. But soon, that became a weapon. He started to hit Nana with the keys, as that was more entertaining.

"Oh my Irene.." her muffled voice through the white pillow sighed.

She gotten up and carried Nathan downstairs.

"Was that Nana?" Garroth asked.

"Mmhm.."

"Oh, right- the family reunion thing. You should really go, Nana haven't met a lot of our cousin or uncles. She is apart of the Ro'mave family now, so they should know about her." Garroth said.

"It's really up to her, I'll tell you about her decision later.. goodbye Garroth, and get some sleep and don't ever call me again at 3.." Zane murmured,  hanging up on him.

He laid back down and looked out their window. It was still night with the half creased moon hanging down low.

Nana came back with a half sleepy Nathan, sucking the nipple of an warm bottle.

"Is he okay?" Zane asked, sitting back up.

"Yeah, let's just hope this helps him fall asleep soon.." she said, dragging her tail towards the bed.

She snuggled closer to Zane, gently wrapping her arms around Nathan.

They fell asleep again, but soon, soft crys erupted the house anew. Three words, "Oh.my.Irene."

...