Part 11

Shana had agreed to meet them at the restaurant chosen by Geo and April. It was semi-formal so she had chosen a light blue lace knee-length dress, a touch of makeup and her hair tied up in a half ponytail. It was about Eight-forty five when she reached the restaurant. They had already ordered drinks when she joined them. ' Hi, Guys! April happy to meet you again" She said leaning forward to give April a kiss on the cheek. April must have been surprised because her eyes lit up. Shana looked over at Jin who was looking at her and smiled, her heart skipped several beats. He had worn a light pink shirt and styled his hair to the side showing his forehead. She held onto the table when she sat down.  They ordered food and had casual conversations about various things. Geo was quiet most part of the conversations. She wanted to ask him if everything was ok but she thought it was not her place anymore. Halfway through Shana informed Geo and April that she would be moving next week to a new place and hopefully find a job soon. Geo looked at Shana and frowned at her. April noticed it too because she placed her hand on his arm as if to calm him down. Geo's stare shifted to Jin and Jin nervously ran his hand through his hair. Shana was puzzled at the reaction. She was about to ask what was wrong when April spoke up " Kindly excuse Geo and I, we need to use the restroom". She tugged on Geo's arm and he followed her. She looked over at Jin and he was turning towards her. ' Shana, could we talk after dinner? my place or yours or even the park?". Jin was looking at her seriously but when she looked into his eyes, he just smiled and that made her smile. He opened his hand out asking for hers and she felt right to give her hand to him.

 He opened his hand out asking for hers and she felt right to give her hand to him

 She felt his thumb caressing on her palm.  Out of the corner of her eyes, she notices Geo and April returning to the table and she pulled her hand but he held onto hers and kept their hands together resting on his thighs under the table. The conversation continued and another round of drinks was ordered. April offered to help when Shana was moving but Shana explained she did not have any heavy furniture to move as it came with the apartment. It was about Eleven- fifteen pm when they decided to call it a night. Geo was drunk Shana could say when she looked at him. April and Jin had to help it get into the cab. April waved before the driver took off.  Jin hailed another cab and opened the door for her. He looked at her and she said " Yours". Shana sat back thinking to herself she was ready for whatever the night brought to her.  She was not sure if it was the drinks that were giving her the courage but she just wanted to have a good time. She bit her lower lip wondering what was he wanted to talk about. She suddenly realized he was holding on to her hand but was looking out of the window. Her stomach was filled with butterflies. 

They reached his Apartment complex and paid the driver. Jin had not said a word since they got into the taxi and she sort of felt glad he had not as it gave her time to think. Once they got into the elevator. Jin moved closer to her and asked: " Are you ok?". She looked at him and nodded. The door opened and they both walked towards his door. He gently placed his hand on her hips as he opened the front door and as if to guide her he held her hips firmly. Once in she relaxed her shoulders and took a deep breath. The hall lights were dim and orange-scented oil filled the room. She took a few steps forward but then realized Jin had not moved from the door. She turned around to look at him when she saw him leaning against the front door looking at her. The dim lights had shadowed his face so she took two steps towards him. In a low deep husky voice, she heard him say " Babe". Her heart raced just hearing him. He reached his hand out to her again and her body felt goosebumps. She walked closer to him and soon as she was in reach he pulled her into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her for a few seconds. She closed her eyes and hugged him back running her fingers on his broad shoulders and then through his hair.