Chapter 8

" Two cans please," Shana told the girl behind the counter, pointing at the cola cans in the fridge. She had stopped at the rest for a break from driving back home. It was sad saying bye to mum but she needed to get back home to sort things out. Her head hurt from being confused by what had happened with Jin. She was sure he was as confused as her as he had not even messaged or called her after he went back. She did not know if she should feel guilty or just take it as a " spur of the moment" kind of situation. She sat on the stool facing the big glass window overlooking the passing the vehicles. Her eyes closed when she thought of that moment. His lips tasted good and she had to admit to herself she felt good kissing him.

 His lips tasted good and she had to admit to herself she felt good kissing him

 It took her the entire night the day it happened to admit that to herself. When she opened her eyes there was a smile on her lips. Her heart raced a bit. She was also trying to understand was she over Geo? she certainly did not miss him when she was with Jin. Shaking her head she walked out of the rest and started her drive back home. 

Seven am on Tuesday morning her phone rang. She was still sleepy but with her eyes closed she picked up her phone " He...hello". " Miss Woo, Its Helen! sorry for calling you early in the morning but there is a place that just got listed, I feel you might like it. Would you be free today to see it?" Shana scratched her head and with a groggy voice replied " What time can you make an appointment?" Helen replied after a few seconds " There is an opening at Eight- fifteen" Shana Groaned. She was tired and wanted to sleep in but she also knew she had to get things sorted out " Ok Helen, text me the details. I will be there" she hung up and told her self Five more minutes. 

Shana had a quick bath and wore a pair of white jeans and a blue denim shirt. A slight touch of makeup and drove to the location Helen had messaged her. It was about 15 minutes drive. She checked her phone while the red light was on. No message from Jin. It annoyed her that He was quiet. She found the place easily. The building looked nice from the outside. Helen was standing at the entrance.  Shana got out of the car and walked towards Helen smiling. " How are you, Helen?" She asked politely. " I am great Miss. Woo. Hope your the same" "let me update you with the details before we go inside, one bedroom, 1 bathroom, has a dining area and a small living room. The kitchen is perfect for one person." Shana was quiet. She felt her heart sink. She had a two-bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment and now she was having to move into a smaller place. She felt uncomfortable but she knew she had no choice. She nodded as Helen spoke about the rent. They got into the lift and stepped out when the door opened on the fifth floor. Helen tapped the door and a few seconds later and a lady in her late thirties opened the door. " Hello, please come in " The lady and Shana was introduced to each other by Helen. They spoke while Shana looked around the apartment. It was cute and looked comfortable but Shana felt suffocated for some reason. It was small but she wanted to keep an open mind. twenty minutes later Helen and Shana were downstairs by her car. ' I like the place but I would like to see other places too. If I don't find a place I like better than this by the weekend I will call you."

Shana was driving back and she decided to stop by Jin's place and check on him. She rang his bell. She leaned forward and tried listing to any noise coming from behind the door. She heard someone talking and maybe a chair being moved. Frowning she rang the bell again. This time the door opened after a few seconds. Shana held a breath. a pretty, fair, tall with straight dark hair girl opened the door. She was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. Shana tried hard not frown " Can I help you?" the girl asked. From behind Shana heard Jin's voice" Who is it, Ara?" He asked. She raised her left eyebrow looking at Shana. " uh.. I think I got the wrong apartment" she said quickly and walked towards the lift when she heard Jin calling out to her " Shana! Wait!". she pretended not to hear it and pressed the button for the lift to take her down. Jin caught up to her and held her hand turning her to face him. " Why are you leaving ?" He asked frowning at her. She herself did not know why. She felt her hands trembling and nervous for some reason. ' I did not want to disturb you" she managed to say " Disturb me? I was just after a shower getting dressed". She saw his wet hair and crisp white shirt he was wearing and she knew he was telling the truth. He shook his head and she guessed he realized what she was talking about.  He ran his fingers through his hair and let go of her hand " That's my cousin, we returned last night from visiting our families and she stayed over." Shana opened her mouth to tell him she did not need an explanation but he was already pulling her towards his apartment. At the entrance she hesitated, He turned around and looked at her with a look on his face as if asking" now what?" she just smiled and followed him.  As he guided her towards the kitchen she saw his cousin behind the counter. She looked up and looked surprised. " NOT the wrong apartment after all." She said mockingly with a grin. " Ara this is Shana, Shana my COUSIN Ara."  Ara looked at Jin and questioningly " Cousin? is that what we are now?" Shana quickly glanced over to Jin. He was grinning and so was Ara. " Not right now Ara." He said laughing but being serious at the same time.