Chapter 2

She walked into the coffee house and took a seat by the window. She looked at the menu and then sighed. She knew the menu by heart because she had visited this place several times and there was nothing new. When the waitress came to take her order she did not even look up " Hazelnut Coffee please". She looked out of the window again and watched the world outside. It had been almost a week since she last heard from Geo and she still did not know what to do with her self. She still believed they were good together. She tried to think of the last four years and she had nothing to regret about. They were happy and in love. She could not fathom how things had changed for him. They had made love a few days ago and the sparks were still there. At least for her. Deep down she knew he felt it too. The way he touched her, kissed her and made her feel proved that he wanted her as much as she wanted him. Her thoughts were interrupted by a girl laughing at the back. she closed her eyes to remember the good times they had, the times where they had spent the weekend being lazy and making love whenever they wanted to.

 she closed her eyes to remember the good times they had, the times where they had spent the weekend being lazy and making love whenever they wanted to

 She loved the feeling of being under him. How he would look at her when he was about to come. She opened her eyes and cleared her throat. A slight smile on her lips. She felt giddy and a shiver ran up her spine. The coffee had not arrived yet so she pouted her lips and closed her eyes again. She remembered how his face looked when they had sex.  How he would bite his bottom lip when he was aroused. How he liked to get aggressive sometimes. Shana sunk into her chair and relaxed. She felt aroused just thinking of them together. She did not want to think anything negative. Just then she heard someone clear their throat. She opened her eyes and the waitress was placing her coffee in front of her. She squinted against the sunlight and then saw Jin walk pass the window she was sitting at. She wanted to shout out but he couldn't hear her. She quickly picked up her phone and dialed his number. After two rings he picked up. " Hey Jin, just saw you walk past the coffee house! If your free to come join me, please do.!" He was silent for a few seconds and then responded. " Sure, I was just walking home". A few minutes later Jin walked through the door and looked around and spotted Shana. He walked to where she was sitting and sat opposite her. He seemed nervous but gave her a warm smile. " Are you ok?". She asked noticing how edgy he seemed. '' yes! I am" he replied blinking way too many times for her liking. She felt something was not right so she spoke up " Listen! if you feel uncomfortable sitting with me because you're HIS best friend you can leave!" She said feeling irritated. He looked at her with eyes of confusion again. He shook his head to say something when her phone beeped. She grabbed her phone to avoid telling him something rude. Her heart jumped out when she saw the notification showed Geo's name. Quickly she opened her lock screen and checked the message. " I need to clear out my stuff. I will come by when you're out so it won't be uncomfortable for both of us". She stared at the message and read it again before she looked up. He was looking away trying to avoid eye contact. She closed her eyes and tried to calm down but the tears started to roll down her cheeks and her heart was racing. She held onto the table with one hand. " you knew didn't you?". She asked him and the way he looked back at her she knew the answer. She took some money from her purse and tossed it on the table and stood up. She did not care that she didn't even get to drink her coffee. She just wanted to get away and be alone.  She walked out desperate to get to her apartment so she can be alone. Cry or scream if she wanted to without others watching her. She wanted to run but she was wearing heels. She just started walking towards the direction she knew. She lost her balance once or twice but didn't fall. She felt the warm wind hit her face and then her lungs were about to burst. Suddenly she heard horns blaring and someone shouting " what the hell are you doing?!" and just then a pair of hands grabbed her and pulled her. She gasped and realized she was at the road crossing and had not realized she was trying to cross while the green light was on. Whoever grabbed her was still holding on to her tight. She turned her to say sorry and thank you but it was Jin holding her. " Please calm down! don't do this to yourself". He let go of her and held her hand and walked her to the side of the street. " I was heading to your place when you called me, He told me he was going to let you know he wanted to clear out his stuff". She looked at him with her eyes filled with tears. She felt her body slumping and her world falling apart. It was really happening. He was actually moving out and leaving her. The next thing she knew was, she was getting into a cab while Jin was still holding her hand. They were quiet on their ride to her place. She had no idea how she was moving except that Jin was guiding her home. She opened the door and they walked in. She stood a few feet away from the door and closed her eyes again. Her head telling her to face what was in front of her and her heart screaming to call him and beg him. Jin walked towards her and then placed his hands on her shoulders. " Would you prefer me speaking to him and making arrangements?". All she could do was look at him with her cloudy eyes and cry. He felt sorry for her. He wanted to comfort her and tell her she will be ok. Suddenly she came forward and leaned into Jin's body. He heard her cry and felt sad for her. He wrapped one arm around her shoulders and pulled her in.  She broke down holding on to him.

Later that evening she drank some leftover Chinese soup and walked into her room. She did not know what to do there so she walked into the hall and put on the radio. She exhaled and sat on the chair close to where all their couple pics were displayed. One by one she took them. Recollecting her memories of these photos. Some made her cry, some made her smile. Some made her want to scream and some made her want to hug the frame. She badly wanted to figure out what she wanted to do. Talk to him and sort things out or move on. Her stomach cramped up as soon she even thought of moving on. She took her phone and looked up his name on WhatsApp and checked his profile pic and it was still the same one with his new girl. She tossed the phone aside and clenched her fingers. " How could he?" she whispered. Her phone rang that very moment. She groaned and moved her aching body to pick it up. 

" I can come over with some dinner and help you if you like" asked Jin. Shana did not know what to say. Her whole body hurt and her mind were not working. ' I do not want dinner but you can come over. It is better than being alone I guess". He said he would be there in fifteen minutes and about twenty minutes later the doorbell rang.  Shana walked towards the door and opened it. He stood there drenched with two Starbucks coffee cups.

 He stood there drenched with two Starbucks coffee cups

 " YOUR WET" Shana said louder than expected. He laughed and then walked in " It started pouring just while turning the corner so I ran". He said placing the cups on the side table where she was sitting earlier looking at the pictures. " can I have a towel to wipe off my hair?" he asked looking at her.  She nodded and walked in the other room while he stood looking around trying to catch his breath. She came back after a few minutes with a blue towel and on the other hand a t.shirt. She gave both to him and turned her back to him like she had to look at something. She picked up the pictures she was looking at earlier and started to place them back when Jin spoke: " is this one of his?" Shana turned around without thinking and then she saw his body and even without her knowing she whispered " wow" and soon as she realized it she turned her back to him and closed her eyes. " Er no... I got that for my brother as a gift but never got the chance of giving it to him.. does it fit you?" she said shutting her eyes hard. She felt stupid and guilty for checking him out. " what's wrong with me" she asked herself. He cleared his throat and then started talking " take one before it gets cold" signaling he was dressed and it was ok for her to turn around. " Do you have anything to pack the stuff into or we sort things out first and then pack them tomorrow."He said matter of factly. She looked at him not understanding why he was acting like it meant nothing to her like it was an easy thing for her to just put them away or pack them up. He must have read her mind. He lowered his gaze and took two steps towards her. " I am sorry, I am just trying to do this fast for the both of you." Shana nodded silently but even he knew if looks could throw daggers at people, He would have a couple of them on him right now.