Chapter 10

" Are you sure? I can't believe what you are saying". Shana said trying to control her excitement. She was beyond disbelief. Jin had given his friend's contact number and the next day she called the owner. Annie had been extremely friendly. Almost too friendly, But Shana was too happy to hear what Annie had told about the apartment. After she hung up she immediately Video called Jin. A sleepy voice answered the phone. Shana felt her heart flutter a bit. His voice sounded soft and sexy she thought. He looked soft and cuddly.  She rolled her eyes and shook her head. She had heard his voice several times and it never sounded like this before. " Shana?" she suddenly heard his voice again." SORRY , I was distracted. Did I wake you up? She asked. He was quiet for a few seconds " No, its ok. What's up?" Shana spoke fast " I spoke to Annie and she said I don't have to pay rent as long as I take care of her place well. She will need to me take care of her place for two years and in case I want to move to let her know in advance". She saw him smile.

 She saw him smile

 " I am happy for you Shana, this is great news." She was smiling too. She was happy things were turning out good for her. " Do you want to come over?" He asked sounding nervous. She felt her heart skip a beat when she heard him, She wanted to see him too, She quickly made an excuse " Sure, we could talk about the moving plan when I get there! oh ! do you need me to get something for breakfast?". " I will cook you breakfast, just get over here" he said and hung up.

Shana showered and chose her clothes carefully. For some reason, she chose her bra and panties carefully too. she kept shaking her head thinking to herself "WHAT the hell is wrong with me?" but her heart kept beating faster than she should and she had a smile on her lips that made her laugh at herself.  She tried to be careful while driving and took deep breaths to calm herself down. She thought about Jin, Now She knew she was attracted to him. She liked how he cared for her. She liked how safe she felt when she was him. She liked how he wanted to be a gentleman around her, But then she thought of Geo and him being best friends and what would happen if Geo found out. She did not want their friendship breaking because of this. She closed her eyes while stopping at a red light. " stop getting yourself ahead" 

She rang the bell and in a few seconds, Jin opened the door. He smiled when he saw her. She felt herself shiver in excitement just seeing him standing like that. She thought he looked different. Not by looks but the way he stood. He gestured for her to come in but stood blocking the entrance with a grin plastered on his face. 

" MOVE" She said pretending to be serious but he continued to stand blocking her way in. She took two steps towards him and was about to push him playfully when the doors of the lift on the same floor opened and both turned to look who it was. Shana froze and from the corner of her left eye, she saw Jin taking a step forward. Geo stopped walking when he saw her standing out and frowned and then looked at Jin. " Hey Buddy, Nice to see you" Jin said walking towards him. She tried to smile at Geo but she managed to give a plastered showing her teeth smile. She was trying to figure out why she froze when she saw Geo. She did not have to explain herself to him anymore. 

Jin opened the door wider and let both of them in. He looked at her and gave her a comforting smile and they casually chatted with Geo while she for no reason went into the bathroom to check herself out. She quietly closed the door behind her when she came out and walked towards them when she heard Geo asking Jin " Does Shana know? Have you told her everything?" and then she heard Jin saying " not yet, please keep your voice down". She stood in her tracks and looked puzzled. " What on earth is that about now?!!" she walked towards them and Jin's eyes widened as soon as he saw her. Geo looked at her blankly. " What does Shana not know?" she asked demanding to know what they were talking about.  Jin laughed and tried to say something to change the topic but soon as Shana looked at him she knew something was not right. " Jin!!" she said, " be honest and tell me what was that about?". 

Geo stood up and looked at her and then at Jin. She heard him exhale and then rub the back of his neck. " let's talk about this later, I will tell you promise". Shana's heart was pounding and she did not want to talk about it later. she wanted to know now. What were the two best friends referring to her not knowing something? She looked at Jin with a frown but relaxed after a few minutes knowing he was true to his word. She walked out to the balcony letting the boys talk. She tried not to overthink what she heard. " Maybe it's nothing," She told herself.  She saw a shadow behind her but she pretended she didn't see it. A few seconds later she heard footsteps and Geo calling her name " Shana?" He said softly. She turned around and looked at him.  His face and expressions she knew too well enough to know something isn't right. Jin was nowhere in sight. She tried to read Geo's face again but he stood there looking at her. She frowned and walked towards him. " what's wrong Geo?" she asked without hesitating. He looked at his feet and spoke softly. " you know me too well". She smiled and replied, " We lived together for 4 years". He cleared his throat and straightened his shoulders. Looking at her " Would you and Jin like to have dinner with April and I today?" Shana held her breath. Did he know Jin and she had got close? or was he just inviting them as friends?! He must have realized she was thinking because he quickly added: " Only if you are comfortable with it". She exhaled and nodded her head "It's ok, I would love to meet Apri again."