2.3: His Secret

Duff's P.O.V

April came and gone with ease. Henley and I spent nearly every second together. I loved it at first. I loved being able to look to my side and see her gorgeous face. I loved that I could pull her in at any moment and kiss her with all I've got. I loved that I could ask her any question that popped into my head right at that moment.

However, as time drags on, I seem to get more and more annoyed at her. It's not her fault, at all. It's just when I'm around a certain person for a long period of time, 24/7, I get annoyed with their little quirks. Not that I love her any less. I love her so much that my heart hurts. It's just me. I know I'm going to fuck up soon and she's going to hate my guts. I don't think that I could handle Henley hating me. She's the love of my life. I know it.

I walk down the street, just trying to find a bar to drink at. I can't go to Sasha's like I normally would. Sasha would see me and tell Henley. Then I'd get interrogated like no tomorrow. At least, I think I would.

Henley's over at Madeline's tonight. Madeline insisted on having the sleepover. She claimed that it had been too long since she's had a true girls night with her. I just hope that Jake guy stays away from her.

Steven and Madeline did make up. But, this time they're taking things slow. I honestly think that's what's best for them. They rushed into the relationship last time, and well, it turned out the way it did. For now, they're just friends.

I finally find a dingy bar in the middle of town. I didn't even see the name. I walk in. The place is packed with college students having a good time. Bodies rub up against each other. Just the sight of it gives me a headache. I walk over to the bar, and sit down on one of the stools.

The bartender looks at me with almost accusing brown eyes. "What're you doin' here by yourself?" His voices is deeper than I expected.

I shrug. "My girlfriend is out tonight, and I needed to get out of the apartment." I look up at the guy. "Why does it matter?"

"It doesn't. It's just that when people come in here, they either are with their significant other or with friends. It's strange to see someone alone."

"I'm a strange person," I respond, my eyes leaving his to look down at the bar.

"My name's Cal," The guy introduces himself.

I look up at him again. "Duff."

"That's an odd name," Cal remarks.

"And Cal isn't?"

"It's a nickname."

"So's mine."

We're both quiet. "What's your full name then?" Cal asks.

"Michael," I answer. "What's yours?"

"Calhoun."

I laugh, shaking my head. "And you said I had a weird name."

I expect Cal to get at least a little bit mad at me, but he doesn't. He just laughs right along with me. I like this guy.

"Can I have just an entire bottle of vodka?"

"Do you have any way to get home?" Cal asks, looking unsure of my request.

I shake my head. "I've found my way home drunk multiple times. I'll be fine."

"If you say so," Cal says, grabbing a bottle of Grey Goose.

I take it from him, instantly chugging a quarter of it. Cal walks off to tend to another customer, leaving me with my thoughts. But not for long.

"Hey," A high pitched voice says from beside me.

I turn to see a gorgeous blonde girl with bright blue eyes. She has an amazing figure from what I can tell. My mind immediately starts to compare Henley and this girl.

Henley is a rather petite girl, with barely any boobs. Her hair is dark and always frames her face. She's self conscious. She has no confidence.

This girl, however, has an hour glass figure. Her hair is shorter than Henley's, but you can clearly see her face. This girl radiates confidence. From how low cut her top is, she's anything but self conscious.

"Hi," I respond, taking a swig from the bottle.

"What's a sexy guy like you doing here all alone?"

"Girlfriend is at a friends house," I respond blandly. I can't help but feel attracted to this girl. But I love Henley.

"I bet you're lonely," She says, batting her eyelashes.

"I guess you could say that," I respond, smirking at her. I blame the amount of vodka I've drank. I did drink an entire bottle before I left the apartment. A few more swigs and I'll be piss drunk.

"I could help with that," She flirts.

"Do it then."

Next thing I know, she's leaning in. Her lips meet mine in a fiery passion. It's so different from when I kiss Henley. With Henley there's a healthy combination of love and lust. With this girl, it's pure lust. The girl pulls away, smirking at me.

"My name is Mandy," She says.

"Duff."

"Wanna get out of here?"

I just nod. She stands up, grabbing my hand. She pulls me out of the bar and to wherever she lives. Guilt will eat at me tomorrow, but right now I don't care.

~~~~

I wake up the next morning in an unfamiliar bed. The events of last night flood my mind. God, what did I just do?

Mandy lays next to me, completely naked. I feel so terrible that I can't even enjoy the view of her. She stirs, waking up. She looks at me with a grin on her face.

"That was fun."

"Yeah it was," I respond, all guilt leaving me. I look at the clock on the wall. 11 AM. I need to get home. "Well, I gotta go."

I get up, finding my clothes in the process. I put the clothes on quickly. Before I can leave this behind me, she grabs my arm. She takes a marker from her bedside table and hands it to me.

"Give me your number."

Henley.

"That's not a good idea."

"Oh, come on. Don't you want to have a night like that again?" Mandy says.

Henley, you fucking idiot.

"I promise it will be worth it."

Don't you fucking do this to her.

"Your girlfriend will never have to find out about it."

Henley fucking loves you. Don't hurt her like this!

"It will be our little secret."

I can't believe the words that come out of mouth. "Our little secret."