0.8: Flirtation

Henley's P.O.V

"At least try to look like you're excited."

I sigh, pulling down the leather skirt Madeline forced me into. I nearly laugh at her. "How am I supposed to be excited when I'm too worried about making sure no one sees my ass?"

"It's not that bad."

I scoff. "Madeline, I can't even move without the fucking skirt riding up."

Madeline looks a bit offended at my answer which is making me a bit mad. I didn't even want to come tonight. She's the one that made me come even though it was-and still is-against my wishes. And yet, here she is getting mad at me because I don't like the slutty outfit she forced me into. By forced, I mean forced. She literally dressed me. It took everything in me not to punch her.

"If I would've known you'd complain about it this much then I wouldn't have made you wear it," She responds, crossing her arms. We arrive at the guys' apartment, which was a hella long walk.

"I was complaining about this outfit before you even put it on me," I mutter, trying not to start a fight.

I just know that if we fight before the date she'll be in a sour mood all night. And an unhappy Madeline is one annoying bitch to deal with.

"What?" Madeline snaps, her eyes looking at me.

"Nothing," I grumble as we finally arrive at their doorstep. "Let's get this over with, shall we?"

She loops her arm through mine, a huge smile on her face. "You might have fun tonight!"

I'm taken aback by her complete 180 with her attitude. Just a second ago she was about to start screaming at me. I swear I think she's bipolar at times. She can go from wanting to kill someone to being the sweetest person you'll ever meet in a split second.

"Maybe," I say, smiling a bit.

Then she knocks on the door, nearly jumping out of her shoes with excitement. I nearly laugh at her, but I know she'll hate that I'm laughing at her.

Steven opens the door. One of his contagious smiles are on his lips, causing me to smile. He's so adorable!

"Hello, lovely ladies," He says, moving so that we can get into the apartment.

"Hey, Stevie," Madeline says flirtatiously.

I roll my eyes, laughing. "Hey, Steven."

"You seem happier than the last time I saw you," Steven notes, looking at me. I really appreciate that he's not looking at me like I'm a piece of meat in this outfit.

"I don't know about happier, but more relaxed," I say, watching Madeline start kissing Steven.

Steven immediately forgets about me. He's more into his potential girlfriend. I giggle at them. They really like each other. I hear movement in the kitchen which can only be Duff. I walk in, my doc martins making noise on the tiled floor of the kitchen. However, the tall blonde doesn't seem to hear me. His head is deep in the fridge as he's looking for something. I walk up behind him. I can see that he's struggling to get a Chinese food container out of the fridge.

"Whatcha doin'?" I ask, scaring the shit out of the poor guy.

He manages to hit his head on the top of the fridge as he turns around to look at me.

"Ouch!" He exclaims, holding onto his head. His eyes land on me. His instant reaction is to lean against the still open fridge, trying to look cool. "H-Henley!" He tries to cover up what I think is excitement. "Hey. What are you doing here?" He looks down at my outfit and his eyes widen. "You look amazing," He breathes out.

"I look like a slut," I say, shaking my head. "And Madeline forced me to come. You're my only hope in this. You are coming, right?"

"Yeah! Of course. I can't leave you hangin'," Duff says, one of his signature smiles on his lips.

I grin at him. "Good. Otherwise I might've died tonight."

"That wouldn't be good, now would it?" He says, a teasing tone in his voice.

"No I don't think so," I laugh, a permanent smile on my lips. I don't know why he has this affect on me. This is so frustrating!

We're both quiet for a moment, just enjoying each other's company.

"You don't look like a slut," Duff says after a few minutes. "You look gorgeous."

"You're just sayin' that because my ass is nearly falling out of this goddamn skirt," I say, blushing. Does he really think I look "gorgeous"?

"I haven't even seen the backside of you, but now I'm excited to," Duff says, his eyes dropping to the ground. His cheeks turn pink.

Aw, he's blushing! "Is that you trying to flirt with me?"

"What if it is?"

"That's okay," I say truthfully. Honestly, I'm completely ecstatic that Duff's trying to flirt with me. I'm starting to think that I like this guy. Well, I thought I did before, but now I think it's okay. I need to take that leap.

"Really?" He asks, his face full of shock.

"Yeah, it's okay," I answer, a small smile appearing on my lips.

"Good," He says. "I'll be doing that a lot more, then."

"Good," I respond, giggling a bit.

Duff takes a few steps toward me. I don't move as his chest nearly touches mine. He cups my cheek in his hand, a smile on his face. He leans his head down, his eyes closed. I let our lips brush together. Then I pull away, a smirk on my face.

"I said I'd let you flirt with me, not kiss me," I say, walking away from a shocked Duff.

"You're such a tease!" He says, laughter in his voice as I round the corner.

I walk into the living room to find Stevie and Madeline making out on the couch. I sigh, shaking my head. Is that all they ever do? I grab a pillow that was thrown on to the floor at some point and chuck it at them. It hits Steven in the head, who instantly pulls away.

"What the fuck?" He giggles, throwing the pillow back at me.

I catch it easily. I see Duff walk in, in my peripheral vision. "Are we going on this stupid date or not?"

"I'd rather just sit here and make out," Madeline says, a smirk on her face.

Stevie laughs, getting up. "Alright, alright. Let's go, then."

Madeline gets up, a pout on her face. They can make out after the date's over. So that I can go home. Madeline and Stevie walk out first. Duff's ahead of me somehow. I don't remember him getting in front of me. Maybe it's those damn long legs of his. He stands by the door, a grin on his face.

"Ladies first."

"Then go on ahead," I respond, waiting for him to walk through.

"You're really fucking mean, you know that?" Duff laughs, knowing to just go ahead and walk through the door.

"I know," I say, shutting the apartment door behind me.

I just hope that this night turns out as good as it started.