1.6: Christmas Day Pt. 2

Henley's P.O.V

"Tommy?"

He turns around to see me standing in the doorway of the kitchen. Wow, he's gotten. . .more punk rock. His hair is no longer brown like I remember. It's completely pitch black. Makeup is evident on his face. Better than I could ever do. He's wearing a ripped up Ramones t-shirt and black leather pants. I can't help but notice that he's wearing platform heels, causing him to be even more of a giant than he was before. I didn't even know they made heels in men's sizes. A grin is on his lips.

I run forward and wrap my arms around the tall drummer. I try not to let the tears fall, and surprisingly I'm successful.

Tommy not so much.

I almost laugh as I feel sobs wrack through his body.

"Tommy?" I say quietly. He pulls away from the hug to look in my eyes. His makeup is now smeared. There's mascara running down his cheeks. "What are you doing here?"

He smiles. "I just missed you too much." Tommy cups my face in his hands, a sweet smile on his lips. "The tour with Ozzy was crazy, but worth it. We're not even done yet."

"Aren't you guys supposed to still be on tour?" I ask, confused.

He shakes his head. "Oz let us off for Christmas, and I think he was starting to lose his mind. Sharon couldn't even keep him in line."

"I've always wanted to meet her! Is she as nice as I've heard?"

He nods. "She's the mom figure on tour. She kept all of us in line. Even Nikki!"

I laugh, shaking my head. "I've only seen Angel keep Nikki from doing stupid shit." I pause, fear rushing into my veins. "He hasn't cheated on her, has he?" Tommy looks down at his feet, ashamed. That's my answer. "Tommy!" I screech. "How could you let him do that? Angel is going to be crushed when she finds out! How could you just let that happen? Angel is like your little sister and you're going to let him hurt her! I don't think you understand just how much she's in love with him!"

Tommy sighs, shaking his head. "I know. But with all the drugs and booze. . .I can barely remember what happened most nights."

I groan. "Tommy you promised me you wouldn't get into all that bullshit!"

"I know, I know," He sighs, looking very disappointed in himself. "I'm so sorry, Henie."

"But you're not going to stop, are you?" I ask, already knowing the answer. "You're already too addicted to that lifestyle, aren't you?"

He nods, lowering his head. I know he feels guilty. I shouldn't make him dwell on it though. He doesn't deserve that. Even though he's a huge partier that sleeps with tons of girls, he's still a sweet heart that would do anything for those he loves.

"Just. . .," I trail off. "Don't die."

His head snaps up, a smile spreading onto his lips. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

I giggle, hugging him again. As we pull away, I hear my phone ringing from upstairs. I figure that it's Athena so I pull Tommy up the stairs and into my room. I pick up the phone, feeling giddy. It's so good to have Tommy back.

"Hello?"

"Hey!" Stevie's over excited voice yells into the phone.

I wince, but the smile never leaves my face. "Yes, Steven?"

"I have the greatest idea."

"I'm scared," I laugh.

"This idea is less dangerous than the last one, I promise," He says. I can practically see the grin on his face. "We should throw Duff a surprise party!"

I laugh, shaking my head. "Steven, your birthday is closer than Duff's. And his is February fifth."

"I don't know, I just want to have a party," He responds.

I laugh again. He's something else. "You could've just said that in the first place. When were ya thinking?"

"Tonight!"

"Wasn't what we did last night technically a party?" I ask.

"No! We didn't even open the booze," He answers.

"Alright fine," I say. "What time do you want us over?"

"Oh, whenever. I'm sure Duff is already drinki-. Wait a minute. Who's we?"

I glance over a Tommy who's busied himself with looking through my record collection. "My best friend came into town."

"Oh! Okay well bring her too," Steve says.

I wince. They're going to be in for a surprise.

"We're on our way now."

"Bye!"

Before I can say 'bye' back Steven had hung up the phone. I laugh to myself. He's such a dork.

"Who was that?" Tommy asks.

I jump, not expecting to hear his deep voice. "Uh," I laugh. "That was my friend Steven. He really wants to have a party tonight and I told him we'd come." Tommy nods, looking down at my chest with a distracted look on his face. I look down and blush, realizing I'm still in the revealing top Madeline had me wear. "I swear to God, Thomas, if you are staring at my boobs-."

"I'm not!" He interrupts me, his face turning red. "I was looking at the necklace."

I look down and see the beautiful necklace Duff gave me. His hazel eyes are fresh in my mind, along with his beautiful smile. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at just the thought of him.

"Who gave it to you?"

I bite down on my lip, not sure if I should tell Tommy about Duff being my boyfriend. "Um, my-uh-boyfriend gave it to me last night as a Christmas gift."

"So Steven is your boyfriend?"

My eyes widen. "What?! No! Steven is Madeline's boyfriend."

"Then who's yours?" Tommy asks.

"I have a polaroid of us somewhere," I say, already on the hunt for it.

Tommy's quiet as he moves to sit on my bed. "That's weird."

"What is?" I open a book to see if I put it in there.

"You having a boyfriend," Tommy responds. "I'm used to you being. . .well. . .without a boyfriend."

I laugh as I find the polaroid wedged in a book I was reading a few nights ago. "It just happened last night, so it's brand new." I sit down next to him on the bed. I hand him the polaroid.

I smile as I look at it. Steven took it of us when we weren't paying attention. Duff was trying to teach me how to play bass, even though I was horrible at it. I had the bass on my lap, but my attention was on Duff. I remember he made a really stupid joke that nearly killed me with laughter. Duff's looking right back at me with a huge grin on his face as well. We looked. . .in love. Wow, I didn't realize he made me that happy.

"You look happy," Tommy says, practically reading my thoughts. "He seems like your type."

"Oh, I have a type?" Tommy nods. "What would that be?"

"Bass players," Tommy responds, a smile on his face.

"I do not!"

"Don't act like you didn't have the smallest crush on Nikki," Tommy says.

"I did not have a crush on Nikki!"

"Sure ya didn't," He laughs, standing up. "Come on, we got a party to get to."