"Lucifer, Shalom." One of the elders gave each of us a nod. "As Shalom might not know, we are the head of the counselors." He looked at me directly. "And I'm afraid to say that Shalom won't be going anywhere with you."

My eyes widened in shock and Lucifer's glare melted into a look of shock. "Excuse me?"

My eyes darted between the angels and Lucifer, unable to fully comprehend what was going on.

A lady with grey hair tied into a bun stepped forward. "When we signed the treaty, we set rules. Rules we both signed to follow. Rules that, if broken, would break the treaty as well."

My mate's face paled and mine had confusion written all over it.

"What do you mean by rules?" I spoke up, looking at the old lady wearily.

The lady averted her attention to me solely. "Well, Shalom. We agreed on rules to set for this treaty. One, no angel or demon would enter another's territory without permission. Two, no angel or demon would cause harm to another. And lastly, three, no intentional harm must be inflicted on the human by her mate."

Seeing realization spread across my features, the lady shook her head with a look is sorrow. "I'm assuming you already know what I'm talking about."

I swallowed the lump in my throat and spoke what had just struck me of importance. "On the day of the ball, M-Marcus entered hell without permission." All the guards must've been guarding the castle and keeping an eye on the guests, and it was nighttime already so it was hard to see him.

"Lucifer just h-hit Marcus." I glanced over at Marcus who was standing up with traces of blood around his nose, a worried look crossing his features when we made eye contact.

"A-and yesterday," My breath stuttered, "Lucifer..." I touched my neck and looked up at Lucifer who had a defeated look on his face with tears glistening in my eyes.

"What does that... what does that mean to me?" I glanced around at the elders beside us.

"That means, the treaty is broken." Several gasps could be heard in the crowd. The old man looked at me. "And you won't be seeing Lucifer anymore."

"What?" I whispered in shock and instinctively moved closer to Lucifer.

"When we signed the treaty, we got peace out of it and Lucifer got a mate. Now that it was broken, we don't have our peace, nor should Lucifer have a mate. We can't just kill you, so you will be staying here with us, in heaven."

"He's my mate! You can't take me away from him!" I yelled as I moved away from them and closer to Lucifer.

"I'm afraid we can and we will." Another elder answered solemnly.

I shook my head repeatedly and turned away from them and into the arms of my mate where my tears flowed uncontrollably as I latched onto his neck. My body racked with sobs and my nose filled with the chocolate scent of my mate that I loved from day one.

Lucifer wrapped his arms around me tightly and I felt his shoulders shake slightly beneath me. "Shalom, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me, baby. Please. Please, mate." My heart broke hearing the desperation in his voice. "I lo..." He snuffled. "I lo-"

I was suddenly pulled away from my mate by the waist and I was taken by surprise making my grip easily loosen. "No! Let me go!" I screamed and reached my hand out and barely touched the fingers of my mate as he was also getting dragged away by two guards, another grabbing Ben and dragging him along after Lucifer. The distance between us grew as I struggled to get out of the person's grip on me.

"Let me go! Let me fucking go!" Lucifer's demonic voice boomed loudly.

Tears kept falling as I was getting dragged away further by the passing second, the broken look on Lucifer's tear streaked face being the only thing I could see.

His growls grew more distant as the guards dragged him to the gates, more coming along to help. The faint outline of his figure disappeared and all that could be heard were his deadly growls.

My body slumped in defeat and I was able to see Marcus through my blurry eyes rushing towards me and engulfing me in a hug. I was grateful for the comfort but it did nothing to help the new found hole in my heart.

"You can't keep me away from him." I hiccuped and fisted Marcus' shirt.

"Why aren't you relieved? You're free from the devil. He hurt you!" The old lady in the bun asked incredulously.

"Because he's a good person! All you see is the devil, you don't know him like I do! I got to see the real side of him; the side that no one ever bothered to give a chance to! And that was fight after fight until we finally made progress! I love him and you just took him away from me before I could even tell him!" Another set of sobs escaped my throat.

"Tell him what?" The lady asked and everyone's eyes were set on me.

I took a shaky breathe. "I'm pregnant."

——————————————————

THE END

Don't forget to vote! The sequel is out now!!!!