Chapter 5

I shot out of the throne and stared at my furious mate with wide eyes. "H-hey, Lucy! What're you doing here?"

He growled and angrily stomped towards me. "How the hell did you get in here?" He said as he grabbed my wrist. His voice was deeper, scarier, more demonic, hotter.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "About that.."

I finally found the room I was looking for. Two guards were standing on the doors. I decided to play it cool and just walk in there without acknowledging them. Taking confident strides, I reached the door. But before I could touch the handle, the guards pointed their guns at me. "You can't go in there, the king gave us specific instructions that no one should go in. Especially not a girl like you." One of the guards spoke up.

I took a deep breath. "Girl like me? Boy, do you know who the hell I am? I am your king's mate, your queen. You dare talk to me like that and prevent from going into my throne room?! I'm definitely telling Lucifer about you." I said with fake annoyance as I reached into my pocket to grab my phone.

"NO! Uhm, no need to bother him your highness. I am deeply sorry for the way I spoke to you, please forgive me." Both guards got on their knees making me blush.

"Uh, ah, please don't kneel. You're forgiven. Just don't repeat it again." I patted their shoulders and walked pass them into the room.

Lucifer's red eyes bore into mine. They demanded obedience but I was giving none. He growled for the umpteenth time since I arrived, showing his anger and frustration. I knew I was in trouble so I did the only thing I could to save my ass.

I ran.

I ran like there was no tomorrow.

"Get back here, Shalom! I'm not in the mood for games!" My mate's voice sounded behind me.

"Who said this was a game?" This was my life.

I ran out of the throne room with a couple of footsteps thumping after me. I turned around and saw multiple guards running after me. I laughed and ran faster. "I am your queen! You should be running with me not after me!" I yelled over my shoulder.

The footsteps slowed down a bit before speeding back up. I was suddenly tackled to the ground on my stomach with my hands behind my back. The person sat on my upper thighs as they held my hands on my lower back.

I was huffing and puffing as I struggled to get out of the person's hold. Looking ahead, I found a pair of black shoes. My eyes trailed up their legs to see Lucifer - or his demon - standing above me. "Return to your posts." He ordered the guards.

The guards scrambled off except for the one sitting on me. "Can you get off, now?"

Lucifer nodded before the person got off me, pulling me up with him, and kept a hold of my hands.

"This is your personal guard. He will go with you everywhere. He will protect your from any harm in my absence. And he will make sure you aren't causing any trouble." His eyes narrowed at the last sentence.

"Everywhere?"

"Everywhere."

"What if I have to pee? Or poop? Or shower? Will he go to the bathroom with me and see me na-"

He growled. "Don't be ridiculous." He turned around and walked away. "Stay out of trouble." He called over his shoulder. "I mean it."

Turning around, I was met with a cute boy who looked to be in his early twenties. He had brown hair that would fall on his forehead every now and then making him reach up and pull it back. His green eyes were void of any emotion, making him look dead. Overall, he looked scary, especially with that jawline of his.

"You don't have to follow me around, you have a life to get to." I waved my hand at him, hoping he would leave. He barely blinked as he stood there. "Oh, c'mon!"

—————

"Can I go back to the throne room?"

"No."

"Can I go to Lucy's office?"

"No."

"Can I go outside?"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

I was sprawled out on the bed while my guard, who I still didn't know his name, was standing by the door.

"You can't keep me in here doing nothin-" An idea came to mind. I pretended to be focusing on something. "Did you hear that?"

He looked at me confused. "No..?" He said unsurely.

I pretend to be listening again. "There it is again. Lucifer's calling you."

He stood up from his slouched posture. "He is?"

"Yes, go see him. Go!" I hurried him out of the room. He stumbled a bit before running out of the door.

Ah, the power of fear.

Once I made sure he was a few feet away from me, I ran out of the room and headed towards the opposite direction, hoping to find the main door.

——————————

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! So?? Feel free to comment and ask questions. Don't forget to vote