Cringe: Albus Potter

Start from the beginning

You made a little snort noise before brushing back one of his messy Potter locks, and lightly caressed his cheek.

"You are such a tease."

"I know, it's sort of the point."

Albus opened his mouth to respond but instead of teasing him further you finally kissed him with all your passion.

Albus didn't even hesitate to kiss you back.

At some point or other, Rose had wrestled the mic from Summer and started talking, "FINALLY! WHO ELSE HAS SHIPPED THEM FOR LIKE, EVER?!?!"

There was a large applause of agreement and yours and Albus' cheeks went red.

"See?" Rose continued, wriggling away from Summer and dancing on the spot, "That's the only reason we're not friends. I mean, there are other reasons... I've shipped them since first year, for crying out loud!"

This earned a laugh from the crowds, and you casually flew over to where Rose was and knocked her over with your broom, saying a little sarcastic, "Whoops, didn't see you there."

Rose stumbled to her feet and muttered, "I see stars... and bright lights... fluttering around my head..."

"Mmhmm. What you just said there, that was cringe."

"That kiss was cringe." She retorted.

"Your life is cringe."

"Your cringe!"

"WERE ALL CRINGE, JEEZ!" Summer shouted, finally able to get the mic back from Rose.

You and Rose both rolled your eyes simultaneously and you flew down to the pitch, as people had started filing out and Albus was waiting for you, as usual.

"Hey, Al, come here." You said, beckoning him closer to you with your finger.

Albus did as you said, and the second he reached you you kissed him.

"You should really thank Rose, for setting up the Quidditch Kiss Cam, and like, never giving up on shipping us."

"Ha! Absolutely not, that would be cringe."

And with that, you kissed him all over again.

*Ten Years Later*

"No, no, no, absolutely not." You stated, arms folded across your chest.

"She deserves it." Your fiancé, Albus, argued, folding his own arms.

"Does not."

"Does too." said Rose, walking into the room casually.

"Me, tell her, of all people, thank you?"

"It's not that hard a concept." Scorpius said, taking sides with his fiancée.

"Mmhmm. Now, could you tell me honestly that—"

"Yeah, we could." Harry—your soon to be father-in-law—smirked.

"Oh come on, you and Draco aren't frien—fuck you all." You concluded, as Draco, for arguments sake—and also to probably just be annoying, too—wrapped a friendly arm around Harry's shoulders.

"That's probably the most underrated brotp ever." Said Rose.

"Oh haha, I get it, I'm alone on this one." You said sarcastically.

You cleared your throat and said, "Albus, I don't think this going to work—"

Albus took your hand hurriedly and kissed your cheek, making everyone laugh.

"See? I'd do anything for you."

"Really? Even if it was cringe?"

"Yeah." He said with a smile.

"Ok then," you smirked, "tell Rose that I said thank you."

Albus rolled his eyes but nonetheless told her, even though she heard the whole conversation.

"Your welcome." Rose said, raising her voice a little to be heard over the laughter.

"Merlin, that was painful." You said, sighing and collapsing dramatically into a chair.

"You didn't even say it directly!"

"And that's a problem because...? It's still painful, thanking your high school nemesis." You added knowledgeably.

"Hey, you did it, at least."

"Whoop whoop." You said blandly.

A little later, Albus took your hand and led you to your room, whispering, "And how shall I reward you for your bravery?"

"With a kiss, please." You answered almost immediately, and you were sixteen all over again.