➳ troubling questions : fred and george weasley

꒰ 📸📒🍴 ꒱

꒰ 📸📒🍴 ꒱

YOU LOVE QUIDDITCH.

When you play Quidditch, you feel at home.

Especially the satisfaction of dodging one of Fred and George's bludgers and hitting them back with it.

"Oi!" shouted Fred, lifting his hand to the back of his head where the bludger hit him.

"You really have no mercy, do you?" said George, rubbing his arm where the bludger had hit him earlier.

"Nope. Practice may as well be a game." You smiled.

"In case you haven't realized," said Fred, flying beside you, "we're on the same team."

"Perhaps. But I'm playing as if I was a Slytherin chaser."

"Well, your not." said George, flying on the other side of you. "If you keep deflecting our bludgers with your broom, the team's going to need new beaters."

"Alright, alright," you laugh, "I'll go easy on you."

"Good." They both say in sync.

"Hey, I have a question for you," You say as you make your way back to the changing room, "can you read each other's minds?"

"If we could—" started Fred.

"Why on earth—" continued George.

"Would we tell you?" They said in sync.

"Hmm, I wonder," You say sarcastically, "maybe because I'm the one who keeps perfecting all your merchandise?"

"Well, I wouldn't exactly say perfecting—"

"Give it at rest. I want to be the first one you employ once Weasley's Wizard Wheezes opens, or its another bludger to the face." You say as you pack your broom away.

"Alright, m'lady." They say in sync, leaning forwards towards you.

"Whoops!" You stoop down and grab your bracelet which had slid off your wrist, but when you come back up both the twins are red in the face. "What?"

"Nothing." They both say.

"Umm, ok. I'll see you guys later then." You wave, leaving the pitch.

What was that all about?

.   .   .

You walk down the stone steps of the girls dormitories and tie up your hair into a ponytail before practice.

In the corner of the room Fred and George are whispering frantically; but they stop abruptly when they see you.

"Did I do something wrong?" You ask, making your way over to them.

"Not at all, m'lady." says Fred, linking your arm with his.

"Not at all." repeats George, also linking his arm with your other arm.

They walk you down the halls, both wearing identical smirks.

"Have we told you lately—" starts George.

"How good you are—" continues Fred.

"At Quidditch?" They say in sync.

"Well," You say, looking down at your feet, "I don't think so—"

Suddenly, two lips press against either side of your cheeks, making you blush.

"Was that what—"

"Good practice luck." They both smirk, walking you towards the Quidditch pitch.

That entire practice you were completely thrown off course— to Oliver's dismay.

.   .   .

"Pre-game rituals, lass." Says Oliver strictly, sitting you down in a chair.

"I honestly don't see how this helps with Quidditch at all—"

"But it does. The better we know each other, the better we are together."

"We'll ask the first question." smirk the twins from opposite you. "If you were to date anyone on the team, who would it be?"

"I still don't see how this has anything to do with Quidditch, but..." You survey the room, and lock eyes with Harry. "Maybe The Boy Who Lived."

The twins both look angered.

"I was kidding," You laugh, "probably one of you two." You say, gesturing towards the twins.

They both smile and move beside you.

You turn your head to Fred, who leans down and kisses you.

Bewildered, you turn to George, who does the same.

"How is this going to work?"

.   .   .

[ two years later. ]

.   .   .

"Thanks, Harry." You say as you hug him after the end of a team meetup in The Three Broomsticks. "You're a great captain."

"Thanks." He smiles.

"Watch it." Says two familiar voices.

Startled, you both turn around, and your face to face with none other than the famous Weasley twins.

"That's our girlfriend." They say, both wrapping an arm round you protectively and kissing your cheeks.

"I don't recall ever making it official," You say thoughtfully.

"Well, it is now." Says Fred.

"Only if you answer my question."

"What?"

"Tell the truth: can you read each other's minds?"

꒰ 📸📒🍴 ꒱