Chapter 10

"He is now in a bar in Tomas Morato. He was alone daw nung dumating but had joined a group of girls. Thirdy didn't know any of the girls so I think nakilala niya lang yun doon." -Ate Bea

I just nodded. I really don't know what to think. Yes, may atraso siya sa akin, especially with Jema. But Jema is pregnant. Whatever we will do, sooner or later baka malaman pa yun ng asawa ko. Baka makaapekto sa pagbubuntis niya.

"What's your plan?" she asked.

"Nothing."

I decided to forget it na lang. Yes mahirap. He did a crime. He deserved to be in jail. But the thing is, nothing bad happened. Jema is safe and it will not do any good kung tutugisin pa namin siya.

Dad also told me that we should put the issue to rest. Kahihiyan pa daw yun pag nagkataon. He was thinking that I was going to file a case. Little did he know that the squad is thinking of a sweeter revenge.

Ate Bea just looked at me intently. Trying to read my thoughts.

"Ate Bei, please don't tell others about this. Wag na natin palakihin to please? For Jema." I told her.

And then she sighed.

We went back to our table after.

A band already replaced Jema on the stage. After a few minutes she joined us and added joy to our once in a blue moon reunion.

Si Ponggay pa rin ang pasimuno ng kalokohan.

We just sat there. Me and Jema beside each other.

Sumasagi pa rin sa isip ko si Vince. But every time, I immediately divert my thoughts.

It was 10:00 pm when I decided to go home.

Humihikab na rin kasi si Jema.

I will talk to Ate Jia some other time kung kailan ang last gig ni Jema. Nahihiya kasi tong asawa ko magtanong. For sure nahihiya rin si Ate Jia magopen ng topic about it.

Ngayon lang naman kami tumagal dito kasi andito ang team. Normally 9:30 nasa bahay na kami at nagpapahinga na.

We said our goodbyes to our friends and then went home.

...

After two weeks,

Today is the day for the baby shower.

I declined the Gender Reveal Party last time kaya di ko na natanggihan ang party na to.

Ponggay, Mafe and Ate Nicole organized the event.

My family arrived yesterday. They checked in the nearby hotel. My Mom went to our condo the same day and she was now designing Bb's room.

We can't say no. With all those offers na tinanggihan namin, magtatampo na siya talaga kaya hinayaan na namin.

Ang natira na lang sa nilagay namin dun ay yung ilaw. Baka nga palitan pa ni Mom.

She really wants her grandson's room to be special. I will not be surprised if she will bring her favorite room designer straight from Cebu.

I know that I was raised with as others call 'a golden spoon', I never experienced scarcity and hunger. But when I went to college and did all those reaching out projects, I saw some of those underprivileged.

My heart bled seeing those people that is only making both ends meet. Every single day, they had to work rain or shine.

I interviewed a family before that has three children. The father works everyday from sunrise to sundown for a few hundreds of pesos.