please

"camilla there's a meeting." grizz says as he walks into my house, unannounced.

i pause the film i'm watching and i get up off of the couch, looking towards where i hear his voice.

"hello to you too, grizzy." i smile at him, sarcastically.

"jesus, how much have you been drinking?" he questions, looking over to the dining table where there are empty bottles sitting. i may have completely emptied the cabinet that sits in the dining room. so far, however, i hadn't got to the bottles of wine and vodka and beer downstairs in the cellar yet.

i shrug innocently, "a little bit. not much."

"yeh, right," he scoffs and i roll my eyes, "anyway, are you coming to the meeting?"

"um, yeh sure." i say, biting my lip anxiously thinking about the outcome of this meeting. i don't ask grizz, i just wonder what will happen, even though he probably knows.

"come on." he says, "let's go."

he holds out his hand and i take it, walking out of my house with him taking a breath of fresh air to settle my nerves.

——————————

i walk in with grizz, and look around at the many people deciding where to sit. grizz points right to the front where luke and jason are behind helena and dewey, and i lightly nod, saying that there is okay.

we walk down the aisle and i look to my left to see harry looking awful. i don't acknowledge him though, walking straight past even when he straightens up in his seat as he sees me.

i smile at the boys as we sit down and grizz takes my hand in his lap as support. i stare at dewey who is just sitting there with his hands clenched together on the table, leaning back in his seat. for someone who is waiting to be told what is going to happen to him, he looks incredibly calm. god he's so, so sick, how can he kill someone and not even be bothered? or evidently regretful?

soon enough though after the chattering in the room dies down i notice allie has walked in, making her way straight to the front like she has before. at this point, it feels like a broken record.

she sighs, before starting off another one of her speeches, "i had two decisions to make, two rulings. first, campbell. this court is not about vengeance. it's about fairness and justice. the only evidence we have against campbell, which is from dewey himself, is unreliable. without evidence, there can be no trial. so last night, i ordered that campbell be released from custody."

i shift in my seat uncomfortably knowing that campbell could have had something to do it. he's just that fucking creepy, no-one would be surprised if he did have something to do with cassandra's death. i know other people are uncomfortable that he's still roaming these streets by the low murmuring in the room as everyone discusses this news.

allie raises her voice over the chattering, "it was the right thing to do. as for dewey he's been found guilty of murder... and the punishment for murder is death."

my mouth goes wide as i hear this. oh my fucking god. they're killing him. like the fucking death penalty. i look around the room as people jump out of their seats, shouting at allie. i then look back at dewey who is out of his seat.

"are you kidding me?" he shouts at allie, jumping out of his seat, only to be shoved back down by luke and jason. "what? are you gonna kill me?"

allie carries on, "let this be a warning to anyone who even thinks about using violence on anyone in this town. we will respond. eye for an eye."

dewey jumps up again, "this is not a court! you are fucking crazy," the boys grab him, pulling him down the side aisle towards the door, but he carries on screaming at allie, "you hear me? you got no right! i'm gonna fucking kill you, bitch.