persuaded Chp 12

My eyelids felt heavy as I opened them. I scanned the room around me to see if anyone was there, watching as I slept. To my surprise and relief, no one was there. I jolted up right as I realised that my hands were not clasped behind my back, but lying on my lap. The tight marks of the rope descended in snakes down my arm and through my gaze I saw that I was grasping a piece of paper, with my hands numb with the previous pain, I unfolded it slowly and with great difficulty, it read; 

Dear Eden,

I am really sorry for all the pain that has come to you. Although, I am very pleased to inform you that I was able to persuade Kedron to let you roam free around Virus. Down the corridor on your right, you will find a packet of food in the kitchen, I made it this morning but I don't have the best cooking skills so don't be expecting anything special. Whatever you do, please do not try to enter room:135, that was part of the deal I made with Kedron so please do as I say. 

P.S please don't take the red freeze box, that's Arsenic's organ trafficking package.

~Fletcher 

I stared in amazement at the crumpled sheet of paper.

"Why is Kedron letting me roam free?" I questioned myself.

I stood up and paced towards the door, it was unlocked, and with a click I turned the brass handle and lunged out of the doorway. In front of me I saw a modern, silver sign with the bold letters kitchen written with an arrow pointed to the right. I cautiously walked down the corridor, the eerie silence deafening in its boldness. 

As I entered the kitchen, I gazed in amazement at the room in front of me. 

"Wow! These guys are minted!" I gasped, a little too loudly but luckily there was no one to be seen. 

On the countertop was the food package that Fletcher was talking about. I unfolded the package. 

"It's a f*cking Chinese, the lying bastard." I thought.

"But that doesn't mean I'm disappointed!"

I grabbed a fork from a nearby drawer and started wolfing down the food. They hadn't fed me in roughly three days and I could feel my stomach begin to eat itself.

It tasted so good. I thought I'd never see the light of day never mind the mouth-watering taste of my favourite Chinese. 

"MY PRECIOUS, ILL NEVER PART WITH YOU AGAIN!" I mumbled through the food in my mouth, hugging the box of Chinese, "NOW WHERE THE F*CK IS THE CHEESE?" 

I began scrambling around to find some cheese when I realised that I was literally in the kitchen of a multi-billion dollar-drug dealing-organ trafficking-murdering-kidnapping-stealing-raping-psycho organisation.

I felt my acidic food come up my throat as the thoughts tried sweep my mind.

"GODAMMIT THEY HAD TO SERIOUSLY RUIN THIS BEAUTIFUL REUNION, DIDNT THEY?!!" I groaned.

With the realisation that I maybe loved food a little  too much I started to back away.

"Time to explore!" I thought. 

As I stumbled down the corridor it seemed to never end. I mean I knew they were filthy rich but this was a little too much.

As I searched for something to entertain myself, I saw a blue retinal scanner at the handle of a giant titanium door, it shimmered in the bright white lights. I felt a tug at my stomach, I was so curious as to what was in that room. I started to pace, trying to decide wether or not if the scan was negative that it would stick a blade through my eye. I looked up the door and saw a giant plate reading Room:135.

"Sh*t! It had to be that room!" I thought.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt if I tried it, i mean I'll be quick."

"Ugh! Who am I kidding. Why would it let me in?! I'm such am idiot!" I whacked my head jokingly and lunged toward the scanner.

A bright light floated down my eye, I felt as if hundreds of chessboards were bouncing in on me as the temporary blindness kicked in. I waited a second impatiently to see if it worked.

"Retinal scan complete. Please enter."  Spoke the automated machine.