Chapter Twenty-Three

I rubbed the back of my head at the barren wasteland. I can't sense anything here after all. Well, at least I know my territory won't become an even bigger bloodbath.

“So what do you want to do now?” Deidara questioned, looking around the area with disgust.

“I suppose that I'll just have to keep looking for now,” I replied as I brushed my bangs back. I sighed before glancing over at the oddly silent Hidan. I nearly deadpanned upon seeing him looking over the various bodies with great interest. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Was this all you?” The Jashinist inquired instead of answering my damn question.

“Most of them, yeah. What about it?” I asked as I shoved my hands into my pockets.

“Just checking…” The grey-haired man said slowly, something clearly on his mind as he scanned over the skeletal remains of a foolish samurai.

I internally sighed before wondering how my one bunshin was doing. As if on cue, all of their memories returned to me in a flash. I relived the memories in rapid succession, one after the other...

~

S

now fell all around us as we approached the three looming mountains. We used chakra to walk on top of the snow as to avoid getting ourselves getting waist deep in the white shit.

“Up there is an entrance,” I said, pointing towards an opening in the ice and snow, a man made opening that housed two large, wooden door.

“Good eye,” Kakashi approved as he patted my head.

I didn't reply, as I had finally entered my more serious mode.

“Alright. Remember the plan,” the Rokudaime Hokage ordered, also becoming serious. “Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and Sai will stay in town. Yamato, Ren, and I will be going to the meeting at the center of the village. You four are not to interfere with the meeting or start up any fights. If you need help, lower your chakra output as much as you can.”

“Understood,” we replied immediately and in unison.

“Good. Let's go!” The silvernette commanded.

“Yes sir!” We exclaimed, doubling our efforts to get to the center of Tetsu no Kuni.

It didn't take long, and three people were there to greet us. Two people stood further behind those three, guarding the doors.

“We've been waiting for you, Hokage,” the man in the middle, a renowned samurai, greeted with a smile. “I am the leader of Tetsu no Kuni. My name is Mifune.”

“Nice to meet you. I am Hatake Kakashi, the Hokage,” the silvernette replied politely.

“Ooh, it's cold… The weather is the opposite in Hi no Kuni,” Naruto complained, causing me to internally roll my eyes.

“Please come in. I'll set some tea out for you,” Mifune offered as he motioned for us to follow after him.

Upon entering the village, it was apparent that the samurai patrols were doubled. They were many samurai walking the streets, all on high alert.

Security is good, I internally approved as internally nodded.

“Sai,” Kakashi ordered simply.

“Right,” the pale boy replied before leading the other three teenagers towards the city.

“Please, come this way,” Mifune requested as he began walking to the large ziggurat-like structure in the middle of the mountains.