"It's my life!" I protested just as a phone went off and I sighed as Brian pulled it out of his pocket and frowned at the screen.

"I have to go. Be good for me Pops, and don't cause Styles too much trouble." Brian smiled softly at me and I couldn't stop myself from clinging to him like a child.

I could feel my throat closing up as he gently pulled me off him and stepped away and I stood there with my arms wrapped around my torso as the tears threatened to leave my eyes, the sound of the door closing echoing through the quiet house and I willed myself not to let any of them spill.

Deciding I couldn't just stand here staring at the door all day I spun to head back to the TV only to jump when I came face to face or admittedly face to chest with Harry who was staring down at me and I swallowed.

"Watch where you're going." Harry snapped before disappearing in the opposite direction.

"Watch where you're going." I mocked as I headed into the kitchen and made a beeline for the fridge for a bottle of water.

I jumped as a scream left my mouth as I turned back and came face to chest with Harry again who somehow frowned and raised an eyebrow at me at the same time.

"Could you be any more annoying." Harry grunted and my face flushed as he shoved a couple of pieces of paper into my hands. "Go over this and add any of your friends that aren't already there."

"What is it?" I asked curiously as I flipped through the pages, names of people that I recognised from my uni classes and I glanced up to catch Harry rolling his eyes.

"People that I need to make sure don't want to kill you." Harry muttered making me look at him as if he had four heads. "Just do it."

I left the papers on the counter whilst I pulled out some chicken breasts and attempted to figure out something to make for dinner. I didn't know if I should cook for Harry as well, I actually didn't know what he'd been eating.

I chewed my lip as I decided I would, he didn't have to eat it if he didn't want it, I mean it'd be a waste of food if he didn't but it was up to him.

I flicked through the names as the chicken breasts cooked in the frying pan and I sighed as I realised there was literally no one else to add.

How embarrassing.

I shook my head as I picked out the herbs I wanted to add to the garlic sauce before I made a quick mental shopping list and added cornflower to the list. I also needed to go shopping for some new note books for uni.

I left a plate of dinner in the fridge for Harry and scribbled a note before sticking it to the fridge and headed into the lounge to eat my dinner whilst I tried not to let my lonely life get the best of me.

+

"Carmichael!"

I looked up just as my bedroom door was flung open and I was glad I'd moved the brush away from my freshly painted toenails as I jumped at a very angry Harry Styles standing in my doorway and I could practically see the steam pouring out of his ears.

"I asked you to do one fucking thing!"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him, my palms starting to sweat as my heart beat increased.

"Sorry?" I asked, confusion creeping into my voice as I stared at him, his narrowed eyes never leaving me.

"You really are the fucking stupidest person in the world. Fucking do as I tell you Carmichael. Add the fucking names!" Harry ranted and I swallowed thickly as I felt my face get even hotter.

"I uh," I started before licking my lips nervously, "I uh don't have anything to add."

"What?" Harry crossed his arms as I screwed the bottle of nail varnish closed and I swallowed as I rubbed my hands on my legs.

"Everyones already on there." I gestured towards the paper, avoiding Harry's eyes. This was embarrassing enough I really did not need to see his smug face.

Silence covered my room as Harry just stood there staring at me, his jaw clenching over and over again and I sighed, what was he not understanding?

"I don't have any friends!" I finally snapped throwing my hands up, I didn't understand why he was still standing there and I didn't understand why he didn't understand in the first place when I didn't add any other names.

"Jesus Christ." Harry muttered before turning and slamming my bedroom door behind him making me flinch.

I felt my eyes start to water as I sat there in silence. That had somehow been the most embarrassing conversation in my life and it was barely even a conversation. I fisted my eyes as I made a quick dash into my bathroom, the urge to unzip my veins growing stronger by the minute.

I thought I was better but, clearly I wasn't.