"Got to look after Johns kids until four, I'm takin' them down to the river green, having a picnic, thought Finn would want to join."

Polly didn't have time to think about it because Finn had already started shouting and begging his aunt to let him go, in the end he wore her down.

Lucie had taken Finn to pick up all of John's children. The three eldest were running ahead with Finn whilst Lucie carried John's youngest -who was almost four- in her arms. Lucie had prepared sandwiches and treats for the children.

Katie was sat with her little brothers under the tree, playing with grass they pulled from the ground. Finn was sleeping with his head in Lucie's lap.

"Auntie Lucie, when came we eat?" Katie's question made Lucie's insides melt. Auntie Lucie. Something she'd never hear now. She had no siblings to produce a niece or nephew.

"You can dig in, Sweetheart." Lucie replied, using her free hand to open the picnic basket sat in between Lucie and the children.

The children finished the picnic and ran around on the greenery for an hour or so before Lucie decided it was time to head back.

The children were worn out so they didn't run like elephants back home. Instead they could just about keep up with Lucie, who was pretending that she wasn't as tired as the children, even though she was exhausted.

Once the children had gone back to John's house they all fell asleep almost straight away, leaving Lucie and Finn on the settee waiting for John. Who waltzed in a half hour later.

"How do you fucking do it, eh? Can never get 'em to sleep." John asked Lucie as she began to leave.

"I sing John. I take 'em on a trip to the river. I run them through the streets of fucking Birmingham to ware 'em out." Lucie shouted as she walked away, with Finn sat in her hip.

"You're a God sent, Luce."

"You know I am, John Boy." Lucie walked towards Polly's home once more, bouncing Finn up and down as she did.

"Alright Polly, I'm back to return the wandering, Shelby."

"You'll be late for your shift if you don't go now, Luce." Polly told her, taking Finn from her grip.

Lucie and Polly said their goodbyes, before Polly shouted one last thing to Lucie as she left.

"Boys are in the pub Luce. Tell them to be home early."

"You got it, Pol."

"I'm here, Harry." Lucie shouted in the general direction of the back room, where she suspected Harry was.

"Bucket of beer and bottle of Irish Whiskey for the Shelby's, Luce." Harry shouted back.

Lucie finished tying her apron around her boring blue dress, which she wore everyday. Reaching up to grab a bottle of whiskey the Shelby's requested, she set off to the snug. Bottle in one hand, bucket of beer in the other.

She knocked as best she could with her occupied hands, causing Arthur to open the door for her.

"Evenin', Luce." Was the general greeting she received from the Shelby's, and Jeremiah. Although Thomas never said hello or good evening. But Lucie didn't mind, she knew last night was a one off night when old Tommy decided to resurface.