"Go on, then," he sneered, trying to hide the fear of meeting his end. "Do it."

"Don't worry, I will."

She sent the petrifying curse and watched as the Death Eater froze and fell backwards. He landed with a thud with his arms glued to his sides and his eyes open wide, seeing but unable to do anything about what was to come. Blair then sent a powerful Reductor curse; the flash of red hitting his body and causing it to crack. The cracks grew across his being and began to crumble like aged stone. Eventually, his skin turned grey and disintegrated into piles of rubble on the tiled floor. Only parts of his face and left leg were left in their original shape.

As if by a domino effect, Death Eaters fell and lost their duels to their opponents. At first, Blair thought that the Death Eater who was reduced to dust in front of her was somehow controlling the others like puppets; meaning when he died, they'd all follow. But then she realised that the noise that had been coming from the Entrance Hall, where Harry and Voldemort had been battling, had gone silent. The Great Hall had done the same, taking in the victory that was the death of the Dark Lord.

Lord Voldemort had been killed; with no Hocruxes scattered across the world and nothing in place to help him live again. He had died, like the mortal he refused to believe he was.

What followed was the collective sigh of relief and exhaustion. Everyone in the Great Hall began to find their friends and family to indulge in the feeling of peace at last. Blair stuck her wand into her shoe and stepped away from the piles of dust that was left of the Death Eater on the floor. She turned away and looked around the hall. From what she could see, no one had been killed that was on their side. Those who were injured were already being treated by Madam Pomfrey and Professor Slughorn, who had his own stash of pre-made healing potions.

Blair then caught sight of the fiery red hair she had been longing to see all night. George was standing with Molly and Ginny who were waiting for the rest of the Weasleys to gather and appreciate the fact that they were all alive. He had been looking around for not only his father and siblings, but for a glimpse of her as well. Blair waited giddily as his gaze finally landed on her and watched as his face changed completely.

Rather than the wide smile that she was expecting, his bottom lip parted and he stepped away from his family and in her direction. His eyes were hard and kept contact with hers as he started to walk across the length of the hall. He weaved through people who were embracing their families and checking others for injuries. It wasn't until he was within four metres of Blair that he finally let a smile slip on to his face.

Blair had never been in such a tight embrace. He swallowed her completely with his arms and crushed her against his chest. Her nose was buried into his coat, his hand cupping the back of her head and squeezing her waist. Blair could feel his heavy breaths against her ear causing strands of her hair to wisp behind her. For a moment, Blair thought George was leaning on her unconsciously. But she then realised that he was trying to gather her up, like a rope that was falling away continuously.

"What the hell is wrong you, Blair?" he whispered. "You and Fred were gone. You both were gone and... You were so cold and..."

Her heart ached at how desperate and strained his voice sounded. She couldn't imagine what George must have felt after seeing his twin brother dead before putting her dying body next to his. From the very start, George had someone by his side whether it was his older brothers, Fred, or his parents. Not that Blair would deal with losing someone she loved any better, but for George, it was something so alien it would break him apart. She hadn't meant to play with his feelings by dying and then coming back right before his eyes. The feeling of his quiet tears on top of her head made her feel awful for ever thinking he would be able to live without her.