Well Done, Sweetheart

Valencia was consumed by a blaring red light.

This was only for a brief moment until she was surrounded by, what seemed to be, a vision

This was only for a brief moment until she was surrounded by, what seemed to be, a vision. Except it wasn't a flashback of her memory.

Valencia Salvatore was in a place unfamiliar to her. She was clad in her normal clothes(being mostly dark clothing and a leather jacket) but she was in an era at least 100 years in the past. The 1920s. One thing she did know was that she was not necessarily in the place itself but rather a vision of the past.

"It's about time that we met."

Valencia, putting up her guard, responded intimidatingly, "And who might you be?"

The voice did not answer the question, instead responding, "What are you calling yourself these days, love? I think I heard someone say Valencia Salvatore, was it?"

The young Salvatore picked up on a British accent but decided not to comment on it. Valencia, obviously confused,asked, "What do you mean by 'these days'?"

The voice chuckled before saying, "So many questions and so little time"

Fed up with the games, the young Salvatore said, "Okay then let's get to the point. Why the hell am I here?"

"Very well, then. You, Ms. Salvatore, have been gifted the power to resurrect 5 of the deceased"

"Excuse me?"

"You connected the touch of two very powerful artifacts, the Valencia ring and Petrova necklace"

"Right...that doesn't usually happen when you accidentally collide jewelry together"

"These aren't just 'jewelry', sweetheart. The Valencia Coven sacrificed five lives in a ritual hundreds of years ago in hopes of being resurrected but the spell misfired leaving the spots to be filled with whomever their descendant chooses. You are the lucky descendant."

"So you're telling me that my neglectful ancestors were called 'The Valencia Coven' and they did a knock off version of the New Orleans harvest ritual and now I have the power to resurrect whichever dead people I want?"

"If you want to put it in lame terminology, yes.

Valencia was taken aback by this news. Sure, she was not unfamiliar to holding an immense amount of power but this was different.

"As you grasp your mind around the idea of it all, why don't you ask me what you really want to ask me?"

"Who are you?"

"Wow, love. That rebirth spell surely did a number on you. You've even lost the ability to remember an old friend."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm not exactly allowed to speak of any names in here. Even if I did, you wouldn't be able to remember once this is over"

"I'm going to forget this vision?"