Don't Make That Promise To Me

Knocking on the door, she said "Hey, Ric it's me".

"Come on in, Valencia" he replied.

She walked in and sat down staying as composed as possible while displaying her 'I don't give a fuck' attitude.

"So Valencia, last night at 2:17 am you got into an altercation with one of the werewolves. Do you mind explaining your side of the story" Ric said as calmly as possible.

"Ric...you're not going to like this answer" she said with her walls high as ever.

"Well, just tell me so that we can figure out how to move on from here" he said still as calm as possible

"I don't remember anything about what happened last night" she said staring at his face to try and read his emotions.

He stared at the girl trying to see if she was lying or not.

"What do you mean by that?" he said as his calmness was slowly fading away.

"I only remember bits and pieces. I was feeling restless, nothing new there, so I went walking around the halls to try and tire myself out. I heard something going on in the one of the lofts so I walked in and saw-"

She stopped mid-sentence as she was trying to gather her thoughts.

"You saw what exactly?" Ric asked

Valencia knew what she saw but did not want to rat out the two people involved with the elicit magic and finished off the sentence saying,

"I saw red"

This wasn't a complete lie. Valencia Salvatore did see red, but only a few hours later during an altercation with Jackass Jed. He was pissing her off and brought up something personal causing her to lose all control and beat the hell out of him.

"You said one of the lofts...the altercation took place in the Gym" Ric said suspiciously

"Did I say loft? I meant Gym. My mind is all over the place today" she lied smoothly

Ric looked at her for a moment and sighed.

"Look Valencia, you're one of the three siphoners at this school, which includes my two daughters. Sure Lizzie has her moments but I can't say either of them have ever lashed out on someone like this before."

There were a few moments of silence before anyone said anything.

"Do you think this has to do with my birth parents?" Valencia asked.

Alaric looked her in the eyes with sympathy and said, "Yeah, Cia. I think this does".

"Well Ric, my mom and dad adopted Stef and I when we were babies. The only information we have about our pasts are through what we've experienced. I know that at least one of my birth parents was a which, hence me being a siphoner and at least one of Stefan's birth parents was a werewolf which we figured out when he triggered his curse." she said trying to hide all emotion.

Ric looked at the girl and saw how badly this all affected her. Imagine being brought up by two parents who never age.

Imagine being six years old and accidently hurting your mom by siphoning her.

Imagine seeing your brother at the age of 14 defend himself from being jumped and accidentally triggering the werewolf curse no one knew about.

Of course, her parents had known how to handle these situations having going through all of them in their past but it never made it something that was okay.

"Valencia, I am going to do everything that I can to figure out why what happened the other night, happened. I promise" Alaric said with nothing but sincerity in his voice.

At that last note, the Salvatore girl laughed.

"Ric, don't make that promise to me. I don't want you getting yourself into trouble trying to figure out why I'm so screwed up" she said laughing.

"You've been saying that you're feeling restless. Have you ever considered fight training?" Ric asked.

"Sure, I've considered it but no one is going to want to train with me. Especially after hearing about what I did last night" Valencia said laughing.

"I know someone with the same exact mindset as you" he said chuckling.

"Oh yeah? And who might that be?" Valencia asked curiously.

"Hope Mikaelson"