Doppelgängers

"Doppelgängers. Yeah, the word is a mouthful. If I were you, I'd try to get used to it since it's going to be our focal point for the next few months."

In an instant, the classroom was filled with audible groans and sighs from all but one student. Their subtle laugh was heard in the back of the class which caught the attention of the teacher.

"Something funny, Valencia?" said the teacher causing the class to turn their heads in the direction of the student.

"Not at all, Dr. Saltzman. Why would having a History lesson about my mom be unusual?" she said.

Dr. Saltzman laughed at the comment, keeping eye contact with her while doing so.

"Well, Ms. Salvatore, I'm sure this particular topic will be a huge struggle for you," he said with a sarcastic smile on his lips.

Directing his attention back to the classroom, he said, "Now class, I've had a book on the history of the Petrova bloodline delivered to each of your dorm rooms and I expect the first two chapters to be read by next class".

"Wow, Saltzman is actually giving us light work for a change" whispered Penelope Park snarkily to herself but causing the Salvatore girl across the classroom to snicker.

Their eyes met briefly, faces laced with their infamous smirks.

"Class ends in 10 minutes but I'm done with my lecture so unless you guys want to spend time with your beloved teacher, Class Dismissed".

Being the last class of the day, everyone was excited to hear those words uttered. The werewolves eagerly ran out in their usual pack fashion, the witches conjured up their backpacks, and the vampires were out in a flash.

This left the Salvatore girl.

"Wow, Ric. Someone woke up on the right side of the bed today" she said with her signature Salvatore eye twitch that she picked up from her father.

"Yeah" he laughed. "Well, we have a long weekend and I thought people should enjoy it" he said with, what Valencia liked to call, his signature "Saltzman Dad Smile".

"Hey, I'm going to need you in my office later to discuss last night's...altercation".

She knew what he was talking about but chose against any verbal acknowledgement, went for a nod, and left the class.

Heading down the halls to her dorm room, she saw the infamous Hope Mikaelson reading by her lonesome. Curious, the Salvatore girl saw the title of the book reading Katerina Petrova, Queen of Hell.

"You know, Mikaelson. If you wanted to know about the Queen of Hell, you could have just interviewed me." said the smirking Salvatore girl leaning against the doorway. This caused the tribrid to laugh and respond, "I don't know, Salvatore. Merely being called The Satan Bitch doesn't really qualify you. Though, I'm sure you'd be voted a close second".

This caused the green eyed Salvatore to roll her eyes and say, "Oh, Mikaelson. If only you knew just how bad I can be"

With that, the Salvatore girl winked and left to her dorm room leaving the Mikaelson girl with her thoughts.

Sure, the comment was intended to create an innuendo but something about the way she said it made the Mikaelson girl think it was something else.

-Last Night-

Hope had heard someone watching her and Josie perform elicit dark magic but didn't think too much of it. The spell they were performing did not have any major repercussion. It was a simple locator spell so that Hope could find where she left her Mikaelson necklace that her father had given her. Josie agreed to help due to her selfless ways. As they were performing the spell, it was interrupted by the sound of a fight across the hall.