Chapter Eight: You're a Dork

I sprinted down my stairs the second I heard the doorbell ring. I gave myself a moment to catch my breathe then opened the door, smiling at Liz.

"Hey Cap!"

"Hi Allie," She responded with a smile, that smile alone made my stomach go into knots.

"Welcome to Fort Yorkshire! Our specialty is watching Netflix!" She laughed and followed me to the couch. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah sure, what kind?"

"You can pick," I replied, silently praying she didn't pick a scary one.

"How about It? It's one of my favorites," GOD DAMN IT!!

"Yeah sure, sounds great!"

I bought the movie on On Demand and hit play. Why did I agree to this? I hate scary movies!!

After only thirty minutes of the movie, I was already terrified. I curled into the couch and looked away.

"Hey, hey it's okay. I promise, it's just a movie," Liz whispered while wrapping her arm around me. I picked my head up and she pulled me into her, so that my head was resting on her shoulder. I felt my cheeks flush, and I looked back at the movie just to avoid looking at her. "I'll protect you. Nobody will get to you on my watch, so just enjoy the movie,"

"Th-thanks," I murmured, glancing back up at her face. She was smiling softly down at me, before turning her head again to watch the movie. God she drives me insane! Why can't I just have the courage to ask her out!

*Time skip, the movies over now*

"See that wasn't bad," Liz said, releasing me from her hold and looking down at me.

"Wasn't that bad! Liz that was absolutely terrifying!"

"Aww I'm sorry, if you really hated u really hated it that much I would have turned it off!"

"I wanted to tough it out!"

"Well you're a dork for doing that,"

"But I'm your favorite dork!" I replied, grinning at her as she laughed lightly.

"Yes, yes you are," she replied, looking down at me. Neither of us had anything else to stay, and I found myself getting lost in her blue eyes. I leaned in slightly, and watched her do the same. Our faces were only a few inches away from each other, as we slowly itched forward. Just as our faces got to be an inch away, the door sprung open. Damn it!!!

"We're home!" My parents called, walking through the front door. Liz and I sprung apart, staring at them.

"Oh hello there! You must be a friend of Allie's!"

"Hello, I'm Liz. It's a pleasure to meet you,"

"The pleasure is all ours, you can stay for dinner if you'd like. We're having steak and potatoesss," my mom said, putting the last part in a sing-song voice.

"I really should be heading home, thank you for the offer Mrs.Yorkshire," Liz said, picking up her things and getting ready to go.

"Well come back any time!" My Dad called, waving as she left.

"Pleasure meeting you! Bye Allie, I'll see you tomorrow!" She waved, before turning to get on her bike. Do you think she actually wanted to kiss me? What if I was the only one leaning in? God you useless bisexual.

"So that's who you've been crushing on?" My Mom asked, tearing me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Well there was obviously someone you liked, you came home everyday grinning and would always daydream in the middle of things. She seems so nice! You really caught a good one!"

"Mommm!" I groaned while my cheeks flushed.

"As long as you don't do anything stupid, you kids can do whatever you want," My Dad added, smiling.

"Guys we're not even dating!! You guys are such dorks..." I murmured, with my hand rubbing the back of my neck.

"Awww aren't you so adorable! Well don't let us hold you back, go do whatever it was you want to do, your father and I are going to start to prepare dinner,"

"Okay," I whispered, climbing up the stairs to get to my room. I plopped down on the bed, groaning at my obviousness and at how dumb I was to almost kiss Liz. It was going to be a long night.

-TiredBean