Chapter Five: Blossoming Crush

Time skip, mid September

After getting to know Gallagher, we talked almost everyday. We walked to our classes together and texted each other until one of us fell asleep. She was so cool and sweet I just wanted to take her on a date and kiss her and show everyone that's she's mine. Instead I have to watch everyone try to flirt with her, with her occasionally flirting back but never showing too much interest. She would always walk back to me and stare at me with her steel blue eyes and ask me if I was ready to go. I couldn't help myself to looking at her sharp jawline and small smile. She would often joke and talk with me, something she didn't do with too many other people.

Her, Mack, and I quickly became a close group, but all I wanted was to date her. She would often compliment me and stick up for me. I couldn't help but hope she liked me to. How great would that be, the confident, smart, kind, girl liking me. God it would be a dream come true. But I kept that to myself, I would have friendly conversations and try to make her smile as often as possible. I liked her, sure. But she was a great friend too. And I guess for now, I'll have to deal with that.

-TiredBean