Chapter Eleven: Do you really like me?

One week later, Liz is out of the hospital

After a long torturous week, Liz was finally released from the hospital yesterday. After our kiss, I just couldn't bring myself to visit her again. What if it was just a spur of the moment thing? What if she didn't really mean it? Ding!

Mack: Hey Al have you talked to the Cap yet

Me: Not yet

Mack: I'm surprised she wasn't in your bed the second she got out of the hospital 😉

Me: Shut it!😅

Mack: Chill chill I'm just playin

Just as I was about to send another playful text, the door bell rung downstairs. I trotted down the stairs opening the door to see Liz standing there smiling.

"Hey superstar,"

"Hey Cap,"

"Can we... talk?" She asked, a hand rubbing their back of her neck. Was she? No she can't be nervous.

"Oh yeah of course! Here come in!" I lead her into the living room, sitting next to her on the sofa. "So where do we start Cap?"

"I... I need to get this off my chest okay?" Well that's a little scary.

"Yeah yeah, go ahead,"

"Allison I like you, I really really like you. And- and I know I haven't been the best at showing it but, I just wanted you to know that,"

"What?"

"I really really REALLY like you Allison Yorkshire, and if you don't feel the same that's fine. I just needed to tell you, I couldn't hold it back anymore,"

"Do- do you really like me?"

"Of course... I mean your beautiful and smart and witty and your smile is so damn pretty. What's not to like?"

"I- I like you too. A lot. You have no idea. Well i guess you do now," I chuckled, and she smiled. "And now that this is sorted out I would really like you to kiss me now,"

Liz smiled and put her hands on my hips, pushing me closer to her. She then raised her hands and put them on my cheeks. For a few seconds, we just stared at each other. She leaned in and pressed her lips against mine, slowly, softly. I felt sparks ignite, her lips fit against mine like a puzzle. We hadn't even separated and I missed her lips. After a few second we separated, her smiling while I stayed in a haze for a while.

"Hey Al, you okay?" She asked, staring at my still glassed over face.

"I'm better than okay, Jesus I couldn't be better,"

"That's good to hear," She responded with a smirk.

"You have no idea how crazy you drive me, you know that?"

"Really? And how do I do that?"

"Your confidence all the time. The way you make me feel like I hold the world in my hands on the worst days. How brave you are, the way you smirk, oh god. Everything Liz, everything about you makes me want to kiss you,"

"Well it's a good thing your smiles and the way you confidently clap anyone back when they try to insult you, and how happy you look even when it's been the worst day. It makes me want to kiss you until you can't remember your name," She responded, tracing her finger in circles around my forearm. I shuddered, and she smiled.

"That kind of kiss sounds good right about now,"

"Oh really?"

"Really,"

-TiredBean