Chapter Seven: Getting Somewhere

(A/n we are back to Allie's point of view)

I felt like I was getting somewhere with Liz. She was starting to open up to me, and I still fell harder for every part of her. She was sweet and dorky, but at the same time confident and relaxed. I just wanted to lean in when we broke apart from a hug and kiss her, I wanted to-

"You ready for practice?" A voice asked from next to me, breaking me out of daydream. Liz always seemed to talk to me when I was dreaming about her.

"Hell yeah! I can't believe tomorrow's the big game!" She chuckled at my excitement, making my heart practically break out of my chest.

"Yeah we're gonna rock the house!" She said back, I guess my excitement was contagious. She was grinning the whole time, that relaxed grin that only few saw.

"I'm gonna beat your ass during the scrimmage at practice though Liz, you better know that!" I laughed and tried to act intimidating, making Liz laugh. "Hey I'm intimidating!"

"Sure, and I can fly,"

"They do call you Superman," I pointed out, making her laugh. She had a very pretty laugh. She didn't laugh often but when she did. Oh when she did. I think my heart rate just disappears it goes so fast.

"See ya on the field!" She called, walking out of the locker room, "And I'm going to beat your ass during the scrimmage!" I giggled as she closed the door, walking over to Mack to see how she was doing.

*The Next Day Before the Big Game*

Okay maybe Liz beat my ass in the scrimmage. She let one goal in, an incredible shot off of a breakaway, but I wasn't even the one who shot it! She saved every one of my shots, winking at me every time she stood up after them. Even if the action made my checks flush, I hated it all the same!

Anyways, today is the big game against Clearview High, who are our rivals. I was speed walking to the locker rooms, anxious to play.

"Super star!" Mack called as I walked into the locker room, and some of the girls laughed.

"Fleetwood Mack!" I called back, making a bad joke. She giggled and went back to tying her shorts so they fit. I quickly got changed and went into the bathroom to do my hair. I put it in a normal ponytail and walked out.

"Hey Allie!" Liz called from behind me, walking out of the bathroom.

"Oh hey Liz! Didn't see you there,"

"Yeah I was just using the bathroom real quick. How's your day been?" She asked. She was so sweet.

"My days been good, but it'll be a hell of a lot better when we win this game!"

"That's the spirit!" She responded while opening the door to the fields for me. I felt my checks flush, but I think my skin would hide it.

"Thanks Liz,"

"It's no problem," She responded, and I was about to ask her about her day when coach called her over to discuss the game. I quickly jogged over to start warming up.

*80th Minute of 90*

I quickly sprinted down the field, trying to generate an opportunity. It was currently a 0-0 game, and we needed to score fast. Clearview went on the counter attack, one of their players taking a shot from outside the 18. Liz saved it easily and punted it down the field. Mack trapped the ball and sprinted down the field. We were nearing the box when I heard a small beeping sound.

The time was up, this was our last chance.Time slowed as Mack crossed the ball into the center of the box where I was. I jumped up, flicking me head towards the goal as the ball hit my head. I fell to the ground after a defender ran into me, but quickly heard cheers. I turned and looked at their goalkeeper. Pure disappointment was printed on her face, and I saw the ball sitting in the back of net. I sprung up, running to the corner flag while sticking me arms out like an airplane. I turned and was instantly swarmed with teammates as the referee blew the final whistle. We did it. We won! I hugged Mack as we both jumped around screaming.

I walked over to shake the other teams hands, frowns etched on their faces. After we sat down on the bench, Liz came over and faced me a tight hug. I could feel her breathing on my neck and all I wanted to do was hold her here forever. Just have her in my arms. But alas, all good things must come to an end.

"Nice goal superstar," She said as we broke apart.

"Ugh! Not you too!" I exclaimed with a laugh and she grinned.

"Well you are a superstar, so I think the name fits,"

"Yeah Yeah Superman go sit down while the coach talks," I responded with a smile. She smirked and sat down while the coach halted at us for talking. But overall, today couldn't have gone better.

-TiredBean