C H P - 31

"Should I bring my maid costume, as well?"

----

-0 days Remaining-

"So... you have two hours left before you have to leave."

"Yup."

"... Don't you want to get up?"

"Nope."

"But don't you want to--"

"No."

Dongmin sighed and tried to sit up, but Moonbin just pushed him back down. He nuzzled his cheek into the male's chest and tried, yet again, to get comfortable. "Can you stop moving? I just want to enjoy these moments with you." He hummed softly, tuning out everything else and focusing only on his friend's heartbeat. They had been cuddled up like this since early morning, and there was no way that the pinkette was going to be moving any time soon. Just once more, he wanted to be selfish. 

The older sighed again, and even though he wouldn't admit it, he didn't want to move, either. His limbs ached, and his hand had grown tired from stroking Moonbin's hair for such a long period of time, but he couldn't bring himself to stop. He was afraid that if he stopped, that if he pulled away, loneliness would consume him completely, and the thought of loneliness terrified him.

Besides, he wouldn't allow their last bit of time together to be full of sadness. The moment they parted could be full of longing, and maybe even regret, but not of sadness. He would keep every last minute, every last second, as happy as he could.

He maintained this mindset throughout their whole journey: when they exited the house, when they held onto each other's hand tightly in the car, when the two hours came to an end and Moonbin had to get onto the plane, when they had to force themselves through their final goodbye. All of it... For all of it, he tried.

But still...

He couldn't help wanting to stop him. "Hey, wait," he found himself saying, and he wanted to beg. He wanted to beg for him to stay, for him to turn away from his father and come back to him, for him to drop everything he knew and run away with him. Anything, as long as he would just stay. Yet as Moonbin turned to face him for the last time, he could only bring himself to force out a quiet question, "Are we... together?" The words made him feel pathetic, but that's all this situation was. It was pathetic. 

Moonbin smiled sadly, wistfully, pleadingly. Dongmin didn't care what kind of smile it was as long as it was a smile that meant: I won't go. I'll stay here with you. But it didn't, and it never would.

The younger slowly walked towards him, away from the hall he would travel across to make his flight. His luggage followed closely behind him, and even then, he was hoping. He was hoping this was all a dream. He was hoping he would wake up in a cold sweat as rain poured from the clouds. He was hoping that his friend had only gotten up to get a glass of water, and that was what was causing him to feel such longing. But when his hand came up to hold the back of Dongmin's head, his thin lips pressing to the male's forehead, his hope became so small, so unnoticeable that it might as well have never existed in the first place. "We could have been," he whispered, and with that, he disappeared in time. A second passed, and then a minute. Step by step he walked away, and he knew that from then on, his chest would be plagued with a certain emptiness, because as he moved forward, his heart was left behind, held in the hands of the man who made him believe in angels. 

----

Dongmin wiped at his eyes for what seemed to be the thousandth time. The tears had long since stopped cascading down his cheeks, but they had been there for so long that the feeling of them still remained hot on his skin.