C H P - 21

Moonbin knew he would say he was content. And Dongmin? Well, he hoped he was, too.

----

-11 Days Remaining-
-Pool Date-

Dongmin's body was sore from the work out of yesterday's trampoline chase, yet now, as he stepped out of the car, all pain he felt was washed away. "You really took us to a swimming pool?" he asked in bewilderment.

"You couldn't tell by the towels I packed and the clothes I had you wear?"

The older scoffed. "You think I would pay attention to what you packed?"

"Actually, yes."

"Why's it so empty here, anyway?" the dark-haired male asked, quickly changing the subject. He was never good at paying attention to things that didn't catch his interest in some way or another, and he found that being called out for it was quite embarrassing. Focusing on something other than his lack of perception was the best way he knew to hide his discomposure, and when Moonbin willingly followed the change of topic, he could only breathe out a sigh of relief.

"I rented it out," the younger monotoned, shrugging his shoulders. He didn't catch the way his friend's jaw dropped upon hearing that sentence as he rounded the back of the vehicle and opened the trunk.

"Seriously?" Dongmin exclaimed. He followed the other to the rear end of the automobile, not to help pull out their belongings, but to continue to interrogate the pinkette. "Can you even do that? How much did it cost?" He stared the other down for answers, trying not to let the overwhelming warmth of the sun phase him as it blared down on his skin.

Moonbin laughed at the older's confusion, meeting his eyes once before turning yet again to the stuff in the back. He reached for their, or rather his, bag from inside the truck and wrapped the straps around his fingers. "I'll answer all of your questions if you'll grab the cooler."

The older nodded obediently and retrieved their cooler from beside where the bag used to sit. He shut the trunk and began pulling on the handle of the cooler, dragging it along with him as he walked behind Moonbin. "I expect the whole truth, you know. Just warning you."

"Don't you always? Now, come on." The pinkette led his friend through the males' changing room, waved hello to the one worker who was being payed to watch over the place, and only stopped when he had spotted a place near the pool that was satisfactory enough. His standards for setting up a spot were a shady place that was far enough away from the water that their things wouldn't get splashed, but close enough that he could reach them whenever he needed to. Luckily enough, this pool had tons of places that abided by all of his requirements, so it didn't take long for them to set everything down. "See, now do you understand why I had you wear a t-shirt and basketball shorts?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I guess I should just trust you when it comes to dressing me."

Moonbin wasn't sure whether his friend's response was out of sarcasm or genuine understanding. He raised an eyebrow at the other. "Was that sarcasm?"

"You couldn't tell?" Dongmin laughed lightheartedly and gave his friend a small smile.

The pink-haired male felt his heart skip a beat. He cleared his throat immediately and sat down in one of the long chairs, concentrating solely on undoing his shoes. His smile... he thought. Wait, wait, take a deep breath. You can't be getting all flustered this early in the day. You're supposed to be calm and cool, not blushy and--wait, didn't he say he wanted me to be myself? Does that include me when I have pink cheeks or... ugh! Okay, okay, just like he said, if he's gonna love me, he's gonna love all of me, meaning my pink cheeks, right? He finished untying both of his shoes and took a deep breath. He frowned at his thoughts. They we're all over the place! If he continued thinking like this all day, he was sure he would collapse from pure exhaustion.