"Alba? What are you doing here ?"

Quickly picking up the composure of her expression Alba cleared her throat before handing him the small package."I came to see how you were doing. And it's for you."

"For me ?" Guzman wondered, looking at the package now in his hands before turning his eyes to Alba in surprise."You bought me a gift?"

Despite the emotion coursing through her veins Alba played the card of indifference as she shrugged her shoulders rolling her eyes."It's really nothing. I just thought you might need something to change your mind."

"Well ... can I?" Guzman asked visibly dazed before immediately twisting in the wrapping paper as Alba gave him a nod to simply display a small smile despite his foul mood at the sight of a usb key in his hands.

"I put all the music I like to listen to when I need comfort. It's not much, but eh ..."Alba explained nervously scratching her neck slightly in embarrassment.

Guzman let out a laugh as he turned the key between his fingers before transferring his eyes to Alba."It's probably the best present I've had in a while."

Alba shrugged in timidity at the feeling of a slight blush on her cheeks before raising her eyebrows as Guzman resumed with his slight astonishment."Uh ... do you want to come in?"

"Uh ... sure. I have something for your mother too." Alba explained showing the basket on the way as he signaled her entrance.

She stopped in the corridor leading to the entrance to the living room to Guzman's surprise question."You've take something for my mother?"

"What? Because I don't like your parties you doubted that I could have manners?" Alba teased, gulping a gaping Guzman's smile.

However, the latter didn't say anything as his mother hastily hailed the duet at the sight of Alba."Alba? Whoa you grow up!"

Alba forced a smile on her lips at the sight of the dark-haired woman currently sitting at the big coffee table with a glass and a bottle of wine by her side. The picture was way too close to the house for her comfort.

Nevertheless she tried to display a compassionate smile as she lifted the basket as an offering."Uh ... here. I didn't really know what you needed so ..."

"Thank you." Weakly breathed Guzman's mother looking visibly exhausted."It wasn't necessary, Alba."

"It's the least I can do." Alba agreed, shrugging her shoulders with her wrinkled lips in embarrassment.

"And that's already a lot." Guzman's mother rekindled before giving a small smile despite her condition."It's been so long since I hadn't seen you at home. It's good to see you."

"Yeah especially since no one has bothered to call." Guzman declared bitterly, sharing a weakened look with his mother before giving Alba a look."We don't have the money to pay either the guarantor or the lawyers. The bank doesn't want to hear about us and the people who were once our friends don't care. Even Carla's father. Who is dad's partner, my godfather and our accountant."

Alba folded her hands behind her back as she realized it was exactly what she had been waiting for all her life. That Ventura Nunier pays. Only it wasn't really a possibility anymore. In fact, it was a big source of worry for Alba. So much so that she was starting to have a terrible idea behind her head.