~2~

"It all started when Ventura Nunier decided to use his money to buy back his faults

"It all started when Ventura Nunier decided to use his money to buy back his faults. "

The golden youth.

It was a label that once addressed Alba and her brother. But that was before they had fallen into their personal lives. For children from one of the richest families in Spain one could imagine that their family life was a real hell.

A decadence facade and a hell behind the closed doors.

Well it was all but. Good numbers of their friends envied them for that at the time and to be honest, they were always envied. But that was a subject for later.

We have to go back several years to understand the exact moment when Alba and Nicolo took a turn for the worse.

It was their seventh birthday.

As usual, their parents had more to organize a business party rather than a kid's party but at their age, they didn't really care to have a clown or even an inflatable castle to have fun. They could take care of themselves with their two rooms of personal games and their incalculable number of toys. But what was most important to them was to have their faithful friends with them. It was enough for the twins.

Unfortunately they had only need one game of hide and seek to quickly understand that the world was much more horrible than they thought. And thus to lose forever their interest in the golden youth of their childhood.

As usual, the twins chose to hide together. They would run in the corridors of their huge villa while ignoring the guests. They could not care less about them. They were young and carefree.

Far from realizing it would be their last day of recklessness.

Chuckling cheerfully together, the twins made a sudden stop in a rush. They could hear Guzman, Polo, Ander and Marina on their tracks. It meant that they were the last to be found.

"C'mon, Alba." Hailed Nicolo as he grabbed her sister's wrist to pull her to one of the many guest rooms.

Alba let out a small laugh clearly under the effect of the excitement before setting off with her brother in the room. They hastened to close behind them discreetly or at least with sufficient discretion for two seven-year-olds.

Stopping for a moment in search of a good hiding place, a slight smile bowed Alba's full lips as she spotted the closet on her right.

"Nico, here."

In turn, she grabbed her brother's wrist to pull him with her before quickly turning back to the entrance to the fast-paced approach.

" Quick ! Hide, Alb."