11

Alexis is going out for dinner with Romeo. I'd be lying if I say I know what's going on between but I know she likes him and so does he. He's been calling, I've caught her giggling while texting so I know without a doubt that there's something brewing in there. She's in her room when someone knocks on the door. I'm busy stuffing my face but I still open.
"You can come in, sorry about that. I'm in the middle of something "
He chuckles.
"And I see. Where's my woman? "
He says as he gets in.
"She'll be here soon. Wow, you're on your foot. I didn't think you were this tall"
I can't believe It's only sinking in now.
"I'm not too tall though" , he says.
"You look good"
He chuckles and I know he knows it. "Thanks and I see the glow up. "
"I just want to pop out already. I'm exhausted "
He laughs. Men have it easy though, only have to release sperms for conception then we carry the burden. I'm not complaining though but it does get exhausting.
"I can imagine "
Alexis comes looking like a goddess. He can't keep his eyes off her and I stare from her to him in admiration. She deserves all the happiness life can offer.
"You look beautiful Lex "
He says then kisses her cheek and she blushes. Man, that warms my heart. It's when they hug and his hands go to her butt that I can't handle the heat anymore.
"Just get the hell outta here. This candle is burning me manje"
                               ***
My life is been peaceful and filled with happiness the past few weeks.
I still remember the day Siya apologised. I never thought I'd see the day he actually apologises.
I was surprised to say the least and stunned.
Siya is not the apologetic type, that I know.
He's not good with words which is why he can't really comfort anyone.
He came to pick me up that day and drove us to his flat.
I was really just thinking of him fixing my ache and nothing else.
Unfortunately, he didn't give in to my seduction.
I was so frustrated but he begged that I listen to him.
"Ayanda, I've done wrong by you and it's time I own up to my faults. This is not me, you know that but I was a coward and pervert for ditching you like that. You didn't deserve all that hurt after you had been so good to me. I'm really sorry, I know it won't change or erase my wrongs but I'm being sincere. I love you Yaya, with all of my heart and I need you to forgive me. "
He had tears in his eyes and I could hear the sincerity in his voice.
I pulled him to me and we shared an embrace.
"Your wife? "
"She... We're divorced. She just wanted my money. Look, I don't want you to think you're my second option or that because my marriage didn't work out then I'm coming to you. I want you to deliver a healthy baby and I promise I'll never hurt you like that"
It took me a while to forgive him but eventually, I did.
Anyway, since Alexis left, I decide to call him.
We're not together or anything but I want some food.
He's now back at his house.
"Yaya"
He answers like he's been expecting my call.
"I need some ice-cream. We don't have it here "
"No greeting? "
I giggle.
"It's your son. He's even made me forget my manners"
"Don't blame my son wena. I'm coming. Are you alone? "
"Just come "
Then I hang up.